Sign in to follow this  
slimbim

[NF3-250Gb] Stand-By and Hibernate problem

Ok.

My computer works flawlessly, except I have problems with Stand-By and Hibernation. I have tried S3 or S1+S3 in Bios, and have tried all options under power on by mouse, keyboard, keyboard hotkeys. I currently have it set up as power on by keyboard hotkey, set up as CTL+F1.

Problem with StandBy:

1). Hit standy, and it will go into standby fine, turning eveything off. 5~10 seconds later, it will resume from Standby by itself. I made sure i did not move the mouse, or hit any keys on keyboard (bios is set to keyboard Hotkey combo anyways, so moving the mouse shouldn't matter.

2) If I restart, and do standby as soon as it is boot up, it will go into standby, and stay standby.

3) Everytime I try to resume from standby, nothing works. My keyboard hotkey will not resume it. My power button will not resume it. My reset button will not resume it.

Problems with Hibernation:

1) Same as 1) above. (though I can't really remember, cause i've been messing with StandBy for a while....but i do think it resumed from hibernation by itself couple seconds after also

2) When resuming from hibernation, it will hang getting into windows right after "resuming windows" screen and scroll.

Has anyone with this board (LanParty UT NF3 250Gb) tried using Standby or hibernation and had any problems?? If it is not the board or bios, and if it is one of my parts or settings, I have no clue which one it is.....

My detailed specs (listing only the setting I have changed. Rest is either default or Auto):

Bios 10/5 by Oskar

A64 2800+ @ 2.4GHz (267HTT, x3 LDT/FSB, x9 CPU/FSB)

CPU Volt: 1.55V

Prime95 stable for 14hours

RAM: 2 x 512MB Geil Value Ram in slots 1 and 2

2T, 2.5-3-3-7, 166(5/6) divider (218MHz, DDR436)

RAM Volt: 2.7V

memtest no errors 10 passes

Maxtor 60GB SATA on port 3 (OS drive)

2x Maxtor 60GB IDE (one on each IDE port) RAID 0

Promise ATA133 PCI card with dvd+-RW and CD-RW.

Enermax Noisetaker 420W.

Visiontek Geforce4 Ti4400 128MB.

I think that's everything I have in there. It runs perfect, except when I try to do standby or hibernate....

anyone?? Thank you!

Make sure to disable the feature "let windows turn this device off" for the integrated nic. I had the exact same problem and that resolved the issue.

Thanks SirFergy, I think that solved the computer going into Stand By....

I am still having problems going into hibernation though......it hangs with two bars left when it says "windows is hibernating"...

Thanks again.

I'm gonna go home and try inputting the MAC address of the LAN in the Bios setting. I think I read something about StandBy not working correctly without it on DFI website FAQ. Hopefully this will fix everything.

My problem with the STR is that when I reactivate the system in the monitor show corrupted graphics and I must to reset my system :(

I've had that too. I always assumed it was the video card because the problem was resovled when I got it replaced. :)

I still get it, but it's very rare and usually related to when I overclock my 9800.

=======================================

30002190 Why S3 is malfunctioned after flashing BIOS? 2004/10/26

Answer :

If added an argument ¢®¡×/f¢®¡§ when BIOS is being flashed, NVIDIA LAN MAC Address will be cleared away. ¢®¡×Stand by¢®¡§ will be malfunctioned, if the LAN cable is connected to motherboard. There are two ways to solve the problem.

1. Unplugged cable.

2. Key in MAC Address: Genie BIOS Setting >> Machine MAC (NV) Address (enabled) >> MAC (NV) Address Input, and then key in 12 digits NVIDIA LAN MAC Address, the address is marked in a little white label on AGP slot.

========================================

That is what it says on DFI website about the MAC address i mentioned above. hopefully this relates to my problem?

Well, I can't really test whether inputting the MAC address in the bios will solve this problem for me cause everytime I enter the MAC address, Save, and exit the bios, and if i go back in, its disabled again. Tried with 9/14 bios and 10/5 beta bios. it just disables itself everytime.

I'm having a problem with my 754 nf3 with its hibernation..

It wont wake up-- not with software not with key presses... What do I need to do? Is there a jumper setting for this?

btw i dont wanta use standby--i really want it to hibernate.