Sign in to follow this  
Guest twilight_merged

Got my DFI UT 250 GB + AMD 64 3000+ today, is it a good stepping?

Guest twilight

Hello!!

Just got my Mobo and CPU as the thread shows, and i must give DFI some credits for the mobo and the package it came with....everything looks and feels so high quality...really looking forward to OC this :). The CPU i received have this stepping:

ADA3000 AEP4AX

CBAZC 0435MPMW

Anyone knows how this stepping performs? I cant find it at any cpu database.

Regards Twilight.

Originally posted by twilight

Hello!!

Just got my Mobo and CPU as the thread shows, and i must give DFI some credits for the mobo and the package it came with....everything looks and feels so high quality...really looking forward to OC this :). The CPU i received have this stepping:

ADA3000 AEP4AX

CBAZC 0435MPMW

Anyone knows how this stepping performs? I cant find it at any cpu database.

Regards Twilight.

well, there isnt all that much known about A64 steppings, and how it affects OC.

its is a 3000 Newcastle, CG rev, produced in the 35 week of 2004, and the day lots were mixed for the core, and the waffer lots were mix as well.

but besides that its a newcastle, and that its a CG rev, doesnt tell us much about its OC ability

the best way to find out, is to put her in, and see how high she fly's:nod:

GL with you new DFI

-Jess-

Guest twilight

Ok....and how did you figure that out?? I can see 04 35 ....year and week, but how did you get the other info?

twilight, if you are lucky, that's made from the strained silicone cpu's. The rumour is that as from week 32, all or most A64 is made from SC. So far, they clock like hell. Where is Sweden did you get it?

Originally posted by Mackanz

twilight, if you are lucky, that's made from the strained silicone cpu's. The rumour is that as from week 32, all or most A64 is made from SC. So far, they clock like hell. Where is Sweden did you get it?

I'm not sure AMD included any 754 chips with the new silicone, thought only the 939's. Hope I'm wrong.:)

Anyways I know the 3200+ NC CG 0421 that I have will bench at 2.8 on water, I haven't seen anyone with a 0432 post at anything over that, though I don't doubt that than can.

ADA3000 AEP4AX

CBAZC 0435MPMW

ADA=Desktop

3000=3000PRating

A= lidded or metal HIS

E=1.5 Volts

P= 75C temp rating I believe

4= 512 L2 cache

AX=later but not latest CG stepping.

I have heard the rumor that there are changes to the 754 after week 32 as well but not sure yet as there are no way to 'know' what your are ordering in most cases. And I hate throwing a couple of hundred dollars at a guess any longer.

Sincerely, RGone...:cool:

Originally posted by RacerX

I'm not sure AMD included any 754 chips with the new silicone, thought only the 939's. Hope I'm wrong.:)

Anyways I know the 3200+ NC CG 0421 that I have will bench at 2.8 on water, I haven't seen anyone with a 0432 post at anything over that, though I don't doubt that than can.

I would be suprised if they didn't include the 754 as strained as well. Especially if they are produced at the same plant/factory.

Amd really needs strained silicone on the mobile 754 to compete against the Dothan. A brand new 3400+ or 3700+ mobile (not DTR), around week 36-38 should straightening the questionmarks out i think.

Guest twilight

Ok...at least the stepping is not a known "piece of junk" stepping :). I bought it at http://www.netvaruhuset.com and they just got a new shipping of 3000+ cpu´s.

With my continious bad luck it would be a small miracle if it was a really good stepping, but i will come back with some results as soon as i get my A-data PC 4800.

Thanx for all your replies guys!! Never been on a forum with such a nice attitude and so much knowledge, DFI Street really rocks!!

Like to make a comment on this silicone theory. Just received a new 3200+ NC CG from Newegg from a RMA. Here's the stepping.....

ADA3200AEP4AX

CBAZC 0434VPEW

1067824I40097

So if we go by the week this chip should have the new so called silicone. Don't know really how to tell. Maxes out at 2.75 on water where as my old 0421 benched at 2.85. Doesn't seem to be any quicker in SuperPI either.

Maybe I just have a crappy stepping who knows.