LAN issues (3 merged threads)

it lost connection didnt fix the problem. i just downloaded and hotflashed to 1/21. what bios are best for lan dropouts?

FSB 188x10

cpu temp 29.5 degrees

system temp 29.0 degrees

vcore 1.49v

AGP 1.50v

3.3v : 3.22

5v : 4.97

+12v : 11.88

DIMM 2.66 v

5VSB 4.97

VBAT 3.18

ACPI on advanced configuration.

tried both stickers for the MAC address and neither worked.

i did ipconfig /all and seen the mac address that i put in. :(

right now its doing the pops up whenever it reconnects after a lag and says Local area connection 3 window pops up.. :(

all help is like always greatly appriciated! :P oh and right now i dont have the router hooked up im going strait to my comp. i have a cal match tuesday at 9pm pst gotta have it fixed by then.

-Andy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back on 6/19 bios. man im starting to feel stuped for buying another one of these lan parties :( going to be interesting to see (when the rma comes in) if a whole nother computer built has lan dropouts though.. **PREYS**

-Andy

@AndyA - dude, I am thoroughly confused.

I think You have 2 LPBs there and they drop both LANs?

You are usually behind a router (but you'd like to limit your evil sisters from hogging the bandwidth and you haven't taken Angry's sage filled advice), and you have just connected an LPB directly (bypassing the router) and that solves the LAN drop problem?

Do the evil sisters experience the same problem on their PCs?

any special reson you are operating that 2600 mobile under it's default settings and starving it on the voltage? To cure LAN drops?

P4 4-Pin connector plugged in securely?

I usually format with APIC n ACPI OFF and then keep them OFF.

no lol im building a second lan party computer and i want it to be downloading but i dont want to lag playing CS or when my g/f is browsing i dont want to lag is the reason for that. but this is not even an issue compaired to my lan drop issue i have to have this fixed my next match means CAL-im or back to cal-0 and im the leader of my team.

now the lan drops occured on the lower and uppoer ports on both motherboards, i called up the cable company today and they know its not them because if anything ever fails on there part it sends a notation back to there server and lets them know it got disconnected.. so i know its the board dropping the lans and with everthing that ive tried im honestly thinking it might be a windows xp problem. im hardwired right now for testing purposes to see if it was possibly the router, i have tried multiple cables too btw.

im really wondering if i get lan drops on this other computer when i install windows on it but my board is currently being RMAed when it gets back it will make me really happy if its just a couple of settings in windows. (sound went funky and the lan problem was there)

i feel that i am really knowlegdable on the lan dropout topic now lol and i just wish someone could be like change this setting and wam it worked :( really appriciate everyone trying. (this is actually 3 threads of mine allm oved to one)

-Andy

if it aint drivers...

and you sure it aint your router/switch/hub

then I'm as baffled as everyone else

im building a second lan party computer and i want it to be downloading but i dont want to lag playing CS or when my g/f is browsing i dont want to lag is the reason for that.

guess what though duder...its gonna lag if you are downloading/uploading on the same cable line...when momma and I log into Eve to play, we have to shut down any torrents (or set them to run at 5k or lower) and stop uploading to website/ftp etc.

only way to kill lag is to have a second completely separate cable line just for downloading...but since cable works on the 'shared neighborhood' idea...you'd still be risking a little lag (though two completely separate lines should be quite an improvement)

:confused:

vcore 1.49v=Too Low!

AGP 1.50v=Vagp 1.7V

3.3v : 3.22=above or =to 3.3V is way better

5v : 4.97

+12v : 11.88

DIMM 2.66 v=MemVolts to 2.8V

lol add another pci ethernet card haha.

Might not be such a bad idea to 'fix' the voltages as above and put one of those Intel processor based NIC's in as most folks swear by them for being faster than "any" onboard stuff and if not most folks have been able to use the $5.00 NIC's that are around that have their "own" processor on the card to move away from the LAN drop> IF that is what is truly wrong and if the separate NIC card of 'known' prowess did not 'change' your symptoms> I would believe internal to the location problems provided you fix the voltage to the board issues.

Right now using the onboard stuff> your processor must "help" the onboard NIC. Undervolted all around may just be enough to cause your strange problem and one that seems nearly exclusively "isolated" to you as user.

guess what though duder...its gonna lag if you are downloading/uploading on the same cable line...when momma and I log into Eve to play, we have to shut down any torrents (or set them to run at 5k or lower) and stop uploading to website/ftp etc.

only way to kill lag is to have a second completely separate cable line just for downloading...but since cable works on the 'shared neighborhood' idea...you'd still be risking a little lag (though two completely separate lines should be quite an improvement)

That is just about as straight and to the point as it will ever get! And it really cuts to the chase.

I have seen you posting so much about LAN drops that I have lost sight of the original problem which should have been cured when you replaced the first board that was losing all sorts of onboard peripherals> but that board is no longer in the house and yet your problem persists. On the surface when troubleshooting that sort of situation leads the trouble shooter to believe the 'problem' did not leave the house with the bad board but remained in the house 'even' when the motherboard left. You would have to be one "unlucky" mofo to get LanParty "B"s with the same indentical problem. Are you that unlucky?

AG is a 8+ in IT type shett against my -2 and I would put a NIC card in (that AG or one smart like him recommends) and turn all other onboard NIC/Lan shett off and all un-necessary stuff off like Firewire and serial ports and parallel ports and all shett not used to free up IrQ's for windows.

Everything I have mentioned is from pouring over LAN drop topics using onboard LAN from all kinds of motherboards and situations. Loads of user help IT forums that tend to tell users to drop onboard shett as a test. Standalone, "good" Nics do their own processing and as such should remove the onboard stuff as a problem and then "if" there remains a problem it is wires, modem or windoors.

I would quit chasing the same ghost by OFFing the onboard NIC's and putting a standalone NIC in and see if the problem is still around.

Sincerely, RGone...:confused:

my nic card should be here today :) if not tommorrow that i ordered from newegg on friday.

i agree with everything you have said and really appriciate the imput.

even with non working nic chips on the mobo i still love the mobo!

what you forgot to think about was i have 2 computers on this network and no matter how i place the cables my comp gets dropouts and the other doesnt. and the cable company says whenever the cable line drops out it will send a message back to the server saying it timed out even if it was just for 1 second and it hasnt been doing that they get no messages.

so im pretty sure its the lan problem and maybe i am just one unlucky mofo!! lol

look forward tof inding out soon as this nic card gets in the mail.

-Andy

it sux to have to rely on a PCI NIC instead of the onboard NIC...but since two boards in a row have done this to you...I'd have to say (and its not insult to you so dont take it that way) that its something in how you have it setup or overclocked or something...best bet is to go with one of those great Intel based NIC or a Realtek 8039 based NIC etc and be done with it.

i thought my LAN on my 875B LP board was dying (or had died actually) until I finally worked and worked and worked and worked and found out...my Netgear Firewall was actually the problem....make sure any NAT Firewall/Router you have has the latest Firmware update!