Sign in to follow this  
AndyA

LAN issues (3 merged threads)

There's NetLimiter and NetPeeker that allows you to set limits on a per-application or even a per-connection-basis... Good for legit stuff like balancing a home network, bad for cheating P2P's.

i left my computer on throughout the night and i had like 10 names in ventrillo from reconnecting over and over :(. its not only when i play CS. trying the newest realtek drivers now

should i be plugged into the top lan port or the bottom port?

-Andy

That would be the lower LAN port, the NV is above it.

couldn't locate any other thread regarding a previous problem. maybe you got link?

Does this occur at default and overclocked settings?

wow, ive been pluggin it into the top one should you guys can place me in the wall of idiots (its the only one that auto detected my connection and went live when i pluged it)

i shoulda checked this.. im such an idiot.

-Andy

update, im live on the bottom lan now. checking for dropouts.

you can save some time and money by just punching roommates in the head for eating up precious bandwidth when you need to frag dudes during CS or whatever (thats the cheap and easy solution I used to employ)...

getting into Windows services of limiting bandwidth etc...unless you are a super network tech MCSE and can get into all the permission sets and administrative junk...its best to use google and find a program to do it for ya lol.

I like the 'punch roommates in the head' solution best (which is why I dont have roommates I guess)

if you really want to, ive done this before.

hook your pc to thre router first-then 1 link out to a regulat port switch, the switch then accepts the connections from the leechers ans throttles the limit to each one cause its a dummy switch. nothing else.

my 00.02 done it before, worked out like a charm

A friend of mine has used this routing software:

http://www.mikrotik.com/

you would probably need a cheap pc with 2 network cards to serve as your router though, I'm not sure if it would work on your lanparty box. well it would but I think that's all it would get to do.