$41.00 Aluminum Lian-Li imitation case!

Angry_Games

I just got my new case for the LPB I'm working on. I got the cheaper relative of AG's case.

Skyhawk case

Last weekend it was $35.00 with free shipping. :D

It looks pretty much like AG's pics... except it only has space for one fan in front. :( Oh well, I'm probably going to hack it up a bit anyway since it will probably be Christmas before I get all the parts I need to get it up and running.

Oh.... and AG's right... it's NICE! :nod:

Guest nytmare

AG could you do me a favor involving your case? I am looking to buy a case in the near future for my next rig... so could you measure the distance between bottom of the 3 1/2inch bays that house where the floppy would be (not the one sitting on the floor of the case) and the bottom of the case?

EDIT : while your at it :D could you also measure the distance between where the backplate sits and the side of the case? (you know, where the 80mm is?)

EDIT 2 : if its not obvious, i want to mod the bojangles outta this case :cool:

funny,

i got a lian li, and this skyhawk case you just bought. i like the lian li better for a couple reasons

the front panal comes off easier and smooth with the lian li this skyhawk was a pain in the butt to get the front off/on

i like how the skyhawk has a reinforced motherboard tray though the lian li has a removable motherboard try also but its not reinfarced.

i like on the lian li how the hdd's you can remove with the metal casing. on the skyhawk you have to take both sides off and unscre them to get the hdd's out.

dont like how the front lights are led red/green (too old school for me)

the lian li has blue leds in the front for hdd and pwr ect.

but for the price difference im very happy with this skyhawk case.

-Andy

Guest nytmare
Originally posted by Angry_Games

nytmare: 5 1/4" from bottom ofthe 3 1/2" bay to the bottom of the case ;)

not sure what you mean by 'backplate sits and the side of the case'

w00t, just enough for a 120mm fan in the front

as for the other measurement, yea when i reread my question it was a bit confusing huh? .... i think its time for a picture :D

measure.JPG

what i am hoping is that it is also over 120mm wide so that I can put a 120mm in back too :nod:

EDIT : yea I would take the USB and audio connectors out in the front to fit the 120mm but i never use those anyhow even though i have connectors like that on my case too

ps: here's an old buddy from PCPER forums that modded the living crap out of his Lian Li...and it looks REAL nice...

http://www.fraggysworld.co.uk/

[bimg]http://www.fraggysworld.co.uk/images/Front/front10.jpg[/bimg]

[bimg]http://www.fraggysworld.co.uk/images/Front/front5.jpg[/bimg]

now of course his LianLi is a lot bigger than the standard ones (and the Skyhawk) but its a great bit to look at and get an idea of the things these cases can be modded into!

Guest nytmare

Hmm...... the case I currently have has too many fans in it. I am looking to lower the # of fans in my next case. Looks like i'll keep it in mind but my main choice will go back to :

$70 - LOGISYS Black PHANTOM

http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProductRes...tom&Order=price

120mm intake

120mm outake

Window side panel

Either case I would add a 92mm top blowhole.

pics of my old lian li case

this case had mad fans in it. i currently have a black lian li that im working on modding out, wired up a hd44780 front display cutout my whole side window put trim on it and custom fans right over the procesor/vid card. put in the aerogatte II for temps/speed control. all led blue with black drives ect looks pretty sweet