Sign in to follow this  
FlyingHamster

that darn 250x10.5

Hi there :)

Have it prime95 stable as it is on my sign ;)

Settings are:

Vcore: 1.9v

vdd: 1.8

vdimm: 3.3v

vagp: 1.6

Timmings:11-2-2-2-13-15-e-e-f-e-2-3-3-3-3-3-4

I used to get reboots from time to time, but it was because I was giving too much juice to my vcore... was using 1.975v and it only needs 1.9v... I have heatsinks on the mosfets and an 80mm fan blowing over it :) Watercooled northbridge, cpu and vga :nod:

Another thing... disable APIC and ACPI cause they limit the overclock and bring instability to your system ;) [you have to reinstall windows if you disable them after the windows is installed...]

Good luck

5-6-4-3-3-4-5, 5-4-6-3-3-4-5, 4-4-5-4-3-3-4

I presume those numbers are the alpha timings, T(DOE), T(RRD), T(W2P),T(W2R),T(REXT),T(R2P) and T(R2W) respectively.

How did you arrive at those ?? Trial and error ? Frankly, I don't really understand their exact application, but have observed certain trends and have adopted it as an initial procedure, pending an understandable technical explanation from someone...somewhere.;) So here goes:

1. At fsb 200, I set memory timings at factory recommendation or default in bios. So that for my Samsung -tccc ddr400 it would be 8,3,3,3, and for lack of any reference i retain the 13,15.

2. Boot into windows and open the Nforce2 Tweaker V0.2 by Tictac & CodeRed. There the "default" values for alpha timings unfold. Again for the Samsung -tccc it is 3,3,5,3,2,2,4....

3. In general, to relax the timings further, in one's attempt to stabilize your rig while in the fringes of overclocking, ... one increases the numbers. So for the Samsung one may end up with 4,4,6,4,3,3,5....... However, unless one understands clearly the technical explanations and implications, I would strongly advice against tightening the timings or decreasing the numbers. I have ended up replacing my bios chip, twice already because of such. It's good I have 4 pieces. ;)

4. I have noticed that in terms of the stability of 3dmark01 & 03, T(REXT) has the biggest influence. This is the 3rd from the last number and in fact it only has 4 numbers to choose from, 0-1-2-3. Changing from 2 to 3 for the Samsung -tccc has removed all the instabilities while executing 3dmark01 and spontaneous reboots after 1-2 hours of playing (DOOM3).

5. I have also noticed that changing CAS in bios, also changes the number of T(DOE). Tighter CAS.... smaller numbered T(DOE).

I really hope someone can come up soon with a more detailed explanation of the alpha timings.

Good luck.....

Originally posted by Emil

5-6-4-3-3-4-5, 5-4-6-3-3-4-5, 4-4-5-4-3-3-4

I presume those numbers are the alpha timings, T(DOE), T(RRD), T(W2P),T(W2R),T(REXT),T(R2P) and T(R2W) respectively.

How did you arrive at those ?? Trial and error ? Frankly, I don't really understand their exact application, but have observed certain trends and have adopted it as an initial procedure, pending an understandable technical explanation from someone...somewhere.;)

I think hardly one is able to do an understandable explanation :D

The various 3-4-5-6 combinations are basically all derived from the RGone's experiments where he found them to be the most stable alpha timings which preserve the high fsb.

However, there is one other combination of these timings: 2(or 1)-3-3-3-3-3-4, which were published by Lastviking who's got the 295 single channel fsb screenie on his Lanparty, and 280 2-2-2 Sandra at about 4400/4000 :eek: . He described these alpha timings for max fsb and max performance and I think he knows what he's saying ;)