Sign in to follow this  
Guest twilight_merged

Need a fast answer...Is OCZ PC3200 rev 2 good for UT 250 ?

Guest twilight

Hello!!

I need a fast answer on this one.....I have planned on buying a A-data PC 4800 for my UT 250 mobo but now i have found a couple of 256 Mb OCZ PC3200 rev 2 with copper HS.

I have to decide real quick if i want to buy them and thats why i ask you.....is OCZ any good memory for this mobo? :confused:

Guest twilight

Hmmm.....i found them on OCZ home page after a bit searching and it looks like they are cl 2-3-3-6 and no TCCD chips i guess, it must be the platinum series that are TCCD.

"I'm having mixed results with this memory"

Same here. Overall its good stuff but for the price it should be. I'm not disappointed with the OCZ but I'm not blown away by its performance so far either. I'm still testing and the jury is still out for me.

Running the same ram at 2-3-3-7 for about a week now. Rock solid so far.

edit: oh not sure if you mean the performance series or the plat. EL...I have the performance listed in my sig, they have the copper color HS.

If you're on about the PC3200 EL Platinum Rev 2 (Samsung TCCD Chips) then I say do it.

It's great RAM, 280 @2.5-3-3-10 1T and 300 is not unheard of (though not for me unfortunately)

I love it.

Axel

Guest twilight

It´s confirmed now that it is the performance series, not Platinum or EL series...they have copper HS, probably not so good for OC then....

I want to reach 270-300 with my new system :) I´ll go for the A-data PC4800 or 4500 they are confirmed TCCD and even belived to have Brain power PCB.

@ElixXx: yes....its the ones at NH. B.T.W I sent you a personal message a while ago, have you read it?

Twilight.. i think that adatas has an "own" or someones elses pcb cause it for sure aint jedec and doesnt look like brain power either..

but anyway get them.. my stick is running oh so great..

310 htt at 6-3-4-2,5 at 1t or a little tighter 300 at 6-3-3-2.5 1t

and totally 318 at 10-4-4-2,5 but at 2t

NOt bad, eh? ANd jeah those are prime95, over at least 1 hour , stable... and for these i noticed that prime95 stresses these more than even memtest nr.5 or 8 :)