Sign in to follow this  
sirfergy

nForce Ethernet

Strange that you would manually have to enter the MAC, consider that that's the MAC burned into the NIC. It's redundant, but whatever works.

I suspect that when install XP fresh and let it configure nic, then it will pick up the MAC. This is what I did, but I could be wrong. Can those having trouble confirm if they had xp fresh install?

this is wat i did:

1. install XP whit my PCI nic, worked fine.

2. after sometime i wanted to use my nF nic, but just gave me a private IP.

3. wained for some time.

4. checked out this place, got some ideas.

5. checked the MAC addy on the agp slot.

6. entered it in the bios , under MAC address.

7. booted up XP = it gave me a workin DCHP IP.

Umm, I'm having the same problem not getting my network to work on my new PC. Where, exactly, can I get the MAC address? I know where to enter it in the BIOS, but I don't know what the number is.

There are 2 stickers on your AGP socket. The one closer to the back of the socket is your MAC addres. Also, I had this problem before and with a flash to 10/15 beta bios, I was all fixed up. Maybe you can try that too.

Originally posted by jedimoto

Umm, I'm having the same problem not getting my network to work on my new PC. Where, exactly, can I get the MAC address? I know where to enter it in the BIOS, but I don't know what the number is.

I tried to enter the MAC address and nothing changed. In fact after entering in the address I hit 'enter', right? 'cause then it just says 'press enter' under the address spot. SIGH. This is frustrating. Thanks, anyways.:)

Hmm, flashing the BIOS scares me a little. This PC has only been up and running for three days, and I hate to mess something up. I've heard horror stories about flashing, and I'll admit it worries me.:(

I'll look up how to do it and give it a try.

What is your bios date right now though? My problem went away completely after flashing the bios. It's really not that hard to flash it. Just make sure to follow the instructions exactly and nothing bad will happen.

Originally posted by jedimoto

I tried to enter the MAC address and nothing changed. In fact after entering in the address I hit 'enter', right? 'cause then it just says 'press enter' under the address spot. SIGH. This is frustrating. Thanks, anyways.:)

Hmm, flashing the BIOS scares me a little. This PC has only been up and running for three days, and I hate to mess something up. I've heard horror stories about flashing, and I'll admit it worries me.:(

I'll look up how to do it and give it a try.