Sign in to follow this  
sirfergy

nForce Ethernet

my only option is DHCP, i have 10Mbit LAN connection whit 5 Dyn IPs.. i cant run static.. the nv nic worked in a earlier versions of the BIOS, becouse me and my bud tryed out the GB lan @ hes place.. im gonna try a older bios..

I'm having similar issue, but even using a static address doesn't work. I'll try Angry's steps with the MAC and see if I can get it to work. The activity lights are working and Windows sees the network, but never a valid IP address. I'm using a WRT54G as well.

Thanks

Jim

As far as I know, that's a Windows issue, not a driver issue. Unless the NIC is active during Windows installation (impossible in this case because the NIC driver has to be loaded afterwards), then I don't think Windows grabs a valid IP. /registerdns is probably automatically done assuming Windows recognizes the NIC during auto configuration.

so does the mac adress have to be inputed for lan to work at all? even on the nf3?

i couldnt get lan to work on my nf2 board so i had to go into the windows and create a network bridge that used my firewire. i had to go into setup a home network and connect through residential network. i dont have to do that with any other nf2 boards ive had. and when i switch my hdd's to another nf2 rig it shows the bridge and one network connection unplugged but it shows one connected and internet works fine. i dont get it???

I think the only time you can even enter a MAC address and have it work is if you're on a LAN that doesn't connect out. In that case the MAC address can be read and used by a routing table, in place of an IP address.

To connect to the internet, you'll need to use the unique MAC burned into the NIC.

I couldn't get on with static IP or DHCP. I tried /registerdns and updating the firmware on my Linksys WRT54G, and it still didn't work. Windows was showing a MAC, so I put that in the BIOS and it didn't work.

When I followed Angry's direction and pulled the MAC from the sticker on the AGP slot, it worked instantly. Wierd that would make-or-break it.

Now I'm getting Page Fault in Non-Paged Area during Windows XP installation...

:(

Jim