nForce Ethernet

I'm having an odd problem. Ever since I installed this board, most of the time the nForce ethernet fails to pull an IP from my DHCP server.

I can tell windows to use an Alternate Configuration and type the IP I want in and that works, but really DHCP should work.

Anyone have this issue or any suggestions?

Thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used my realtek nic for some time, becouse the network cable dident reach the nVidia nick :P any way i changed place where my box are so the cable can reach the nf nic. and it dosent give me a DHCP IP as u mention.. just a private address... ?? the realtek nick works just fine... strange..

Originally posted by sirfergy

Anyone else getting this error?

Same here, no DHCP IP adress with the onboard LANcontroller.A PCI nic works just fine.

I think this onboard nic only works with static IP adresses.

dont install the NV Network manager / disable the SP2 firewall (you dont need either of these if you have a NAT router)

input the MAC address from the AGP sticker into the BIOS MAC Address section

make sure your router/modem is updated for latest firmware.

the NF3 NIC pulls DHCP just fine (I use it with Netgear router, Microsoft router, D-Link router, and Motorola cable modem, all will supply DHCP IP).

For a while it was working for me, and some LAN, I have to turn off onboard firewall, same with some online banking websites. I am using d-link router and dsl. Then, I unplug everything to move my gear to the home thearte area and tested it out, moved back, and plug everything back in again, and on board nic does not light up. After trying a lot of things, I accidentally touch the cat5 cable, and saw a green light flicker on and off, so I gave it a hard shuff, and the green light stay on. So, my long story is that there may be a poor connection, just check it out.