Please Help

Guest dicecca112_merged

Guest dicecca112

Alright well I decided to clean out my watercooling. So when I went to hook everything back together I can't get the system to post. Keep getting no signal to the monitor. So I tested the Vid Card in my old system and it works fine. I reset the CMOS, popped the battery out, pulled the power plug out, checked all connections, and still nothing. Anyone know what I should do. If it helps the only light lit on the the LEDs is the bottom or number 4.

I have no other vid card to test to see if it is the AGP slot.

So you think it's the video card huh? Well I made a similar post a few months back only it was "i just installed water cooling" it turned out there was some liquid damage (corrosion) near the sb, and I also knocked over a capacitor near there. Some alcohol and a new capacitor soldered in and I was back booting.

My symptoms were more random though, sometimes I got into windows, but usually I had no display, sometimes beep sometimes no.

Guest dicecca112

well I've checked everything, and all looks fine. It seems more and more likely to me that it is a corrupted bios, but unfortuneatly nobody I know has a similar mobo, that could hot flash it for me. Will some comment, give me anything! I've done everything I can think of. Check for shorts, checked the board and nothing seems wrong.

Yeah I thought it was a corrupted bios myself, I didn't notice the damage until I removed the motherboard. But anyway it's certainly possible. A couple things to try:

hold insert, then turn your computer on (keep holding insert), this sometimes works better for clearing the cmos

long cmos clear (put jumper to clear, remove battery, unplug PSU, wait something like 12 hours, and give 'er)