Ram Compatibility Question

I have a stick of Kingston HyperX, Model # KHX3200A/512, It's pc3200 1 stick of 512mb ram. I was wondering if it works and overclocks decent in a DFI ULTRA INFINITY? I know its not BH-5 and it won't overclock great but is the chips compatibile with the mobo? I've got an Abit AN7 (poor me) that won't even do 11 x 200fsb on any voltage or timings without downloading the Tictac modded bios that changes The CPC (Command Per Clock) to 2T. the ram's default is 1t!! well please let me know, thanks.

:confused: in truth your thinking may be flawed.

the ram's default is 1t!!
And no matter how many exclamation points you put after 1t, will nOt make 1t work if the chipset will not run the 1t or the combination of other parts and pieces or the memory controller says nO to 1t.

I agree that you have a pretty good chance, likely in the 70-75% range, that the stick in question may run with 1t setting. But I have certainly seen folks that could not.

With 2 brands of memory in the 512mb size and both of them BH-5 and on 4 different DFi NF2 LpB or Ultra Infiinty boards, I ran with CPC on and that was because the memory is very good. In fact most folks had to run 2t at some point but I never ever turned off cPc and ran 2t with any board and any of my personal good memory.

So you need to understand that the memory itself in most cases limits the 1t command and does so in probably 80% of the cases. So the only way to really and for sure know your 1 particular stick works is to try it.

I post this so you do not go and buy a motherboard presuming that you will see 1t because no one also replied that it might nOt work. This forum is nOt as much filled with people constantly writing and replying as it once was as many have moved 754 cpu's and I felt you should not presume it will work but the odds are about 70-75% that it might work.

Sincerely, RGone...:cool:

My Corsair RAM is CH-5 I think... It's the CMX512-3200C2 V1.2 (a TwinX set) and I have seen conflicting reports but anyway if you are looking for overclocking experience:

At 10-2-3-2 CPC on (1T) 2.7V it hits 215MHz, and at 11-4-4-3 CPC off (2T) 3.3V it hits 250MHz. The 215 limit is definite, I haven't pushed the 250 much though, 255 is definitely too high though.

ive tried my cpu and ram in a MSI K7N2 Delta- L and i pull 2-3-2-11-1t timings at 11 x 210fsb at 1.55vcore and 2.6v ddr!! dont tell me its my ram's fault cuz i know for damn sure it isnt! the AN7 sucks monkey balls. BIG STINKY HAIRY MONKEY BALLS!