Sugestions please on a cpu

I have a LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb on its way and I will be using water cooling (DD TDX).

and sugestions on the best CPU to get

I will be using BH-5 ram (Mushkin pc3500 lvl II 2x256)

will the CO or CG be better with this ram?

Thanks,

pharmd24 (DFI 64 noobie)

Originally posted by pharmd24

will the CO or CG be better with this ram?

i would suggest a 3200 DTR CLawhammer CG. clawhammer, because the meg o' cashe is nice, DTR, because they seem to be more consistant clockers than there desktop counter parts, and CG, for the flexability, to use either 1t, or 2t command rate

please note, that if you go with a DTR(or any open die A64), you will need to use the SLK-948u, if you plan on going air cooling, it seem to be the best HS for the DTR's, because its a bolt on, and its copper, clip on HS's will have trouble getting enough Die Pressure, as the Bolt ons usually dont

GL

-Jess-

heh Jess... I'm using the XP120 so far and passivelyat 25C idle temps in the bios screens and during DOS operations. Also, I have a 3000+ DTR. All DTRs are clawhammers and CG steppings that I know of. So far I'm liking it but I have yet to put it through it's paces.

i wouldnt go so far to say Clawhammer's 1MB L2 is far superior to the Newcastle 512k L2 or the Sempron 256k L2 (as there's only about a 5% - 7% difference in standard benches between the CH and Semp cpu).

DTR definitely, and CG stepping definitely...