PWM IC Very Hot?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i get a thermatake venus 12 will that cool the pwn on my nf4 ultra-d im realy confused :confused: i don't know wat to do to cool it is running 45 normal 53 load or should i get new fans :confused: :confused: :confused:

Guest sealion

I turned off my cpu fan completely and saw the PWM IC temp raise up dramatically. I figured the sensor had to be in the generial area of the cpu since the air flow stopped there. I stuck a 120mm fan there and the PWM IC never goes above 34c in my hot room (system temp above 36c during the day).

Anyone wanna point out where that system temp sensor is? :)

Angry Oven, get a Xp90 or xp120 by thermalright

Here are the facts about PWMIC.

PWM or PWMIC is the circuit that controls the voltage and current to the CPU and related items. They are also used for DC motor controls and in certain lighting applications.

PWM(Pulse Width Modulation) can be included in an Integrated Circuit hence the name PWMIC.

They have a very high temp due to the fact that they operate with very high current levels. The modules used on the DFI nF4 boards are rated to over 100C.

As you can see, most users are seeing temps in the middle of the normal operation range.