Welcome me

Guest culinist

Welcome aboard man. Come into the bar and have a drink. They're onme all day long.:)

Your gonna love this mobo.

:D mr. KCKOSTUME....how goes et? Hehehehehehe. Looken at the mofo/mobo huh? Purty thang too!!!!Hehehehehehehe. I got to get a life cuz my broad....oOOPs I meant board calls me numb nuts and culinist's mobo don't do at shett.

Me RGone...:shake:

Originally posted by kccustom

Been looking through the forum and I see alot of people using the DTR's. Is this because of price or overclockability?

well, there are three reason i can come upwith off the top of meh head:nod:

1. there are Clawhammers, and cheap s-754 Clawhammers are gettin a little hard to find

2. they are OEM, you can usually pick one that has a desirable OPN(order part number), that way your sure to get a CG, and not a CO.

3. they seem to OC slightly more consistant than Desktop CPU's, and with the right HS( slk-948u, or water block), can run cooler, because there open Die

-Jess-

Well I definatly want a clawhammer, would somebody point out the right 3400+ on new egg for me? I would be very thankfull

Would you be OK with a DTR claw? I would reccomend getting the 3200+ DTR from newegg for a little over 200 bucks. I have the desktop version of that chip for the simple reason that I found it at a much lower price, otherwise I would have that 3200+ DTR. If you do get the 3200 DTR from newegg, it will be a CG rev, so you are good to go.

EDIT: must add... my desktop claw booted into windows @ 313x8 and ran all the benchmarks I threw @ it (but still failed prime). Just to let you know, this board is a sweet thing to have :D and you could probabily do more with a DTR.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-103-443&depa=0

its a 3200+ CG right?

According to the OPN it is.......but there was another OEM chip that was listed with the wrong OPN # and they changed it when someone complained ( it was in the review)....I should be getting that 3200+ DTR tommorow and post back what I get.

Yep, that's a cg rev alright :nod:

I actually just bought one from newegg a few days ago. Still tweaking things, but I can't run 240 HTT stable yet. I think it's my ram though. Thinking about trying some OCZ Platinum Rev 2 sticks.

Going fast is expensive, lol...