VDimm mod installed - Am I too high?

turbo-serve

And I don't mean spiritually or chemically!

Just a little question, so... was at 248X10 with a couple of errors in MemTest-86 1st pass of test#5 (OK thereafter) at 250X10. Installed the VDimm mod and powered up, XP booted OK and Hardware doc tells me the VDimm Voltage is 3.4V (was 3.25V ish). This is where I wanted to end up so I'm a bit surprised since I set the pot to max resistance (200K) to start.

Anyway ran Memtest-86 and still had the same two errors. It felt like I was being deceived and the voltage was at pre mod, so a little tweak later and I'm at 3.6V (Hardware doc) and no memtest errors till 255FSB.

Set the system at 254X10 and primes for an hour and 3D2001/3/5 all OK.

Been like this for 3 days and all seems very well but wouldn't want to trash these memory sticks for the sake of 60MHz.

Is this a reasonable thing to do or is it nuts?

Regards

Oh, have two posts in this forum, something’s gone wrong!!!

Anyway to answer your questions, I've sort of half heartedly tried mem burn-in for 3 hours (test#5), but still had same 2 errors. Think I read, in this forum, that Geil ram and burn-in don't work as per BH5's but thought it worth a go.

Don't know which mem chips I have and don't feel the urge to remove spreaders right now. Did up chipset volts from 1.7 to 1.8 (must change sig) and that got rid of some other errors prior to 254. 1.9V gave me lots of errors (in test#5). Have a 550 Watt no-name PSU which seems to be adequate.

I also think the mem volts are a tad high (nuts in fact) be seem to be OK but I reckon I'm probably at the max for this memory.

Regards