LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb - Beta Bios Download

Just flashed 3-31 modded with 4v.. let ya know later how it is.. :)

KrisMCool & THunDA,

Any improvement on RAM overclock with TCCD, UTT or BH5?

What bout now?

Are we there yet?

Now?

:shake:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KrisMCool & THunDA,

Any improvement on RAM overclock with TCCD, UTT or BH5?

What bout now?

Are we there yet?

Now?

:shake:

It flash and seems to be working ok.. Havent tried pushing it more at all yet..

What are the changes for this bios ?

New version of MemTest and a USB fix as far as I know... but I wouldn't be suprised if it included a few other minor mods.

A few guys are reporting more bandwidth... but it could be a million things causing it, that's why I wanted someone with a tweaking addiction to give it the once over.

I'm actually at work now... but I'll test it tonight for sure.

You can read bout the new BIOS here bro

NF3 - Beta BIOS 3/31/2005

just flashed the new one that tictac moded and it works no problem.

did'nt notice any new options and my bandwidth is roughly the same.

i'll test some more tomorrow to see if i can sqeeze some more out of my vx.

btw thanks tictac :nod:

A straight answer would be nice.

Dude there is NO straight answer as to which bios will work good for YOU ..

Every rig will react different to bios's .. But to tell you the truth, I notice no difference between all these bios .. With the exception of the 128 and newer bios having the bank interleave feature which boosts bandwidth for some..

But there is no way for someone to know if bank interleave will work for you ..

Its a try it and see thing..

Dude there is NO straight answer as to which bios will work good for YOU ..

Every rig will react different to bios's .. But to tell you the truth, I notice no difference between all these bios .. With the exception of the 128 and newer bios having the bank interleave feature which boosts bandwidth for some..

But there is no way for someone to know if bank interleave will work for you ..

Its a try it and see thing..

which bios has bank interleave?

which bios has bank interleave?

1/28 & 3/31

There are two versions of each... a 3.1vDimm version and a 4.0vDimm version.

If you don't have RAM that needs a lot of voltage just go with the 3.1vDimm version.... if you have BH5, CH5, EB, VX, etc I would go for the 4.0vDimm version.

Follow the links in tictac's sig to get the 4.0vDimm versions.

Posted this in the other 3/31 thread but I'll do the same here in case it helps:

Well, great job Oskar Wu and the rest of the DFI guys... thanks a lot.

I flashed it last night and for the first time EVER I was able to pass MemTest Test#8 at 257 3.2vDimm all tightest timings :)

For me Test#8 is basically either going to work or not going to work... timings will reduce errors at a specific MHz but have never completely removed them (DQS & Drive Strength are useful here though ;) )

With this BIOS I jumped right back in with the same EXACT settings as with 1/28 and it passed 16 loops before stopped it... previously an error every 2-3 passes was the norm.

On the other hand, I am now not completely stable in Test#5, but at least Test#5 has always been more responsive to timings for me... so hopefully I will get her ironed out and be 100% stable with 257 @tight (uwackme TM)

Bout the added bandwidth.... well, yes and no for me.

With EXACT same timings as in sig I get the same bandwidth in MemTest as before.... at 9x257 I get 1965MB/s and with 1/28 I got the same.

BUT, now the effect of Tras has changed...

For some reason with 1/28 Tras=8 had some magic effect for me where I would gain ~3MHz in test#5... Tras=8 was less efficient clock-for-clock, but it was a lot more stable.

Now, however, Tras=7 & Tras=8 have a fair bit more bandwidth than Tras=5 & Tras=6 (1965MB/s vs 1923MB/s @ 9x257) though they don't gain me any MHz either, from what I have seen so far...

I'm still in the process of trying to get 257 100% stable, but even if I dont, at least now I won't have those pesky test#8 errors and I'll be able to get 256 error free in ALL tests.

OK... messed around more last night and I am ooohh soo clooose to getting 257 2-2-2-8 3.2vDimm rock solid in ALL tests... this BIOS is the most responsive/predictable in terms of timing adjustments. I haven't seen any wierd quirks yet, Test#7 & Test#8 have ALWAYS been beeeaarrches to get stable, but with this BIOS they are rock solid.

Like I said in previous post, Test#5 is the first to throw it's toys out the cot. But, Test#5 is also the easiest test to get stable from past experience.... this test seems to be almost purely memory related, rather than memorycontroller.

Loosening Trc from 7 to 8 and Trfc from 15 to 16 gets me 3 errors per several hours so hopefully one more increment will get it stable. Then I'll start taking Trc or Trfc back down and see what happens... hopefully only one of them is causing the occasional errors and I can tighten the other one right back up.

If anyone is running a Mobile ClawHammer with OCZ VX memory on this board I STRONGLY recommend giving this BIOS a go... use the timings in my sig as a starting point and you should be almost at the memory limits... Trc & Trfc may need slight adjustments but that's no biggy.

[EDIT] Tony, what's up with your Tras=3? Do you get more speed, more stability, or both?