875P-T achieves world record in 3dMark 2003

DFI’s New LANParty 875P-T Motherboard Used to Achieve Double World Records

-- World overclocking champion, Oppainter, pushed the new LANParty hybrid to the NO.1 spot in 3DMark03 Hall of Fame and 3DMark05 --

Hayward, CA (October 07, 2004) – DFI, maker of the award-winning LANParty and blazing-fast LANPartyUT series of motherboards, today announced a new milestone in overclocking achievement on the DFI platform. Oppainter, world overclocking champion and leader of the Xtremesystems.org 3D Team, was able to push the latest Intel-based LANParty 875P-T motherboard to the world’s top spot in both 3DMark03 and 3DMark 05.

DFI’s new LANParty 875P-T is designed for Intel’s LGA 775 platform and features support for dual channel DDR and AGP 8x. Leveraging the efficiency the new LGA socket provides and the enhanced performance DDR memory and AGP video card promises, Oppainter pushed the motherboard to the top of the world ranking with ease. His achievement includes an incredible 3DMark03 score of 18515 (as shown in the 3DMark03 Hall of Fame) and 3DMark05 score of 8382. His record-breaking system set up includes: DFI LANParty 875P-T motherboard, Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.4 GHz @ 289x17 4909 MHz, 2x512MB OCZ PC3500 EB memory at 231 MHz, and ATI X800XT (AGP 8x) at 810/664.

“This is great validation for DFI’s engineering excellence and we are extremely proud of Oppainter’s incredible achievements,” said Jacky Huang, General Manager of DFI San Jose. “Being the only i875P chipset based solution for the new LGA 775 platform in the market, this motherboard promises not only upgrade flexibility but also performance lead.”

For more information on the blazing fast LANParty 875P-T motherboard, please visit http://www.dfi.com.tw. For the current 3DMark03 Hall of Fame world ranking, please go to http://www.futuremark.com/community/halloffame/. For more information on the 3DMark05 project comparison, please go to http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=126503.

Compared Project Info

Name OPPAINTER,,,DFI 875P-T,,,** Xtremesystems.org 3D Team **

Description Prescott 3.4 @ 289x17 4909 MHz,,, DFI 875P-T,,, 2x512Mb OCZ PC3500 EB at 231MHz CAS 2.5-2-2-10,,, ATI X800XT @ 810/664,,, PC ICE Cascade cooling the X800XT,,, P4 cooled by my other PC ICE Cascade,,, OCZ Adjustable 520 PSU,,, Arctic Silver Ceramique thermal paste.

Date 2004-10-07

User 410655

3DMark Score 18515 3DMarks

CPU Score Not enough CPU tests run

Compare URL » http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3220375

I'm thinking about buying a DFI 875P with a Prescott 3.4ghz or 3.2ghz next time I buy something new, but I dont know if there is much diffrent performance between 3.4ghz and 3.2ghz? I relly want to have new Intel system since Im not gaming so much but I'm doing some video encodning related things, thats why I want a Intel system again.

Originally posted by NiCKE^

I'm thinking about buying a DFI 875P with a Prescott 3.4ghz or 3.2ghz next time I buy something new, but I dont know if there is much diffrent performance between 3.4ghz and 3.2ghz? I relly want to have new Intel system since Im not gaming so much but I'm doing some video encodning related things, thats why I want a Intel system again.

The LGA775 550 3.4 is a good idea. IMHO it has better architecture.