Sign in to follow this  
stowenrat

Just set up new NF2 Infinity Ultra-problem

I have just installed this mobo and I can't seem to get it to run at the fsb I am setting (or cpu clock as it calls it). I set it to 200x11 save to cmos but it then runs at 1200mhz. I thought it might be something to do with the J8 jumper cap, so I cleared it and that didn't fix it so I cleared cmos and that hasn't fixed it.

It's like the fsb is set to 100 no matter what I set it to.

Please help.

Need to know your setup first before any of us can troubleshoot your problem. Forum policy says put your system specs in your signature.

Make sure you put what bios version you have running in there as well.

Regards,

Dave

Ok could someone just tell me what model number the board is please?

It is the DFI Infinity Ultra revA NF2 board. I will then update the bios and fill in all the info.

:) What happens is that people try to make some high sounding name for the board and inlcude information like an "A" when the "A" we all look out for is the LpA board as it is not setup in the bios like the LpB and Ui boards. Ui or UIinfinity is a plenty enough description for all of us to know what board you have. There is nothing but a revision A board for the UInfinity series that any of us know anything about. So keep the name simple and to the point.

LpA

LpB

Ui or UInfinity

We don't need NF2 or NFll or any of that because those boards are all built using the NF2 chipset.

And the Ui and LpB are sometimes known as the rocket sisters. Hehehehehehehehe.

Sincerely, RGone...

Ok I have just updated to the bios with support for mobile chips 6/19 I think. I can adjust the fsb but no matter what I set the multiplier at it stays at 6.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

is the multiplier on your processor locked? I know AMD has done this on some of the thoroughbreds and bartons, but i'm not sure about the mobiles.

Maybe RGone could shed some light on this :)

:confused: ...do you see puppetmasta's sig with memory and power supply listed and such? Well you need best include at least that much information in sig when first getting board up.

Yes, I got your PM and there is no sense to panic. Likely a couple of things possibly wrong and you are going to have to do some homework.

Possible cause/cure:

1. You bios flashed and it did not take fully. would need to flash again.

2. You did not load optimized defaults after bios flash. load optimized defaults after the flash above and THEN shutdown and remove battery and let CMOS fully discharge with no power cord plugged to the computer and cmos jumper to the clear postion. Reverse and reboot after at least an hour

3. AMD has made some change in the cpu here in the last days of its' existence that is not known about and therefore they don't work as well as they used to do. There is a thread in here by pwnpat or similar name that has new setup and his mobile seems not working whereas before they did. Not enough real data to make any judgement calls

4. Boot enter bios> save and exit 3 or 4 times in a row and that might help the bios to pickup on the cpu in the socket.

5. Your motherboard is defaulting back to the lower numbers because it cannot run the 200x11 due to some missetting in the bios.

Without you furnishing a complete breakdown of your settings and I am guessing you have a lot of stuff set at default instead of manually adjusted to the correct numbers> then I have no more ideas.

Sincerely, RGone...

Link to thread where latecomer with Mobile is having troubles and I did not see him fix it yet either!!!

Thanks m8, I have started to play about with the bios and I think I might have it working now. It seems to have been defaulting because I wasn't giving it enough vcore, I have never come across this before, and don't know for sure. I will sort my sig out.

EDIT

Panic over, now running at 2535mhz-seems stable so far. I have some BH5 to try after some sleep, fancy a nice high fsb:)

:D ...I have no clue what default settings are on much of anything. When I go in and setup a board the first thing I do is up voltages before I even set the first other thing. Well I might set the date. Hehehehehe.

I set voltages up a great deal and save and exit and go back and set memory timings and the 'like'. But again I am not your average user but rather a nut.

I have no idea what the new UT 250gb does in stock form. I put in a case and had the bios flash floppy in the floppy drive when the board booted the 'first' time. Oh yes it does have a bios savior in it even. Good security for NF chipsets. But anyway, I flashed to the beta jess-914 bios before the board hardly finished the first boot. Cleared cmos in the bios flash and immediately cranked the buss to 240FSB in the first round of bios setting and voltage raising. I do not play around with temp and voltage reading software as I buy a good cooler to start with and the sounds coming from it and a 15 minute lookinto the bios which forces cpu wideopen my man and I am gone to the races.

Most folks handiicap and limit or make trouble for themselves with the majority of boards. Beat the board up some before loading all the dang software by using memtest86 or equivalent from floppy or Cdrom and get a feel for how far it will go. Then and only then spend the length of time it takes to load an O/s or proggies. But here likely > I am talking to myself as most are impatient to get to the benches and gaming. Hehehehehe.

Good luck man and glad you are forging ahead.

Sincerely, RGone...:nod:

The best bios for NFII Ultra Infinity ???

N24ID728 BIOS

TicTac 3d fire R2

Hellfire N24ID619-3EG-REV2...for...bh5

Compufan-UI1119-RS121-rev2

NF2UIDB24...6.19.04