Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Oskar's 10/05 Beta w/4.66 RAID BIOS update

Originally posted by Angry_Games

Oskar is looking into a few things (talking to him on MSN):

Cool & Quiet - about the cool and quite problem ... maybe it's related to dram ... cool and quite need to switch to 4x multiplier which will cause dram speed change from 160 ~ 200 mhz dynamically ...

if the dram is too sensitive about frequency change ... it may hang

For Stepping CG it uses Multi 5x (not 4x).

The Problem it not changing Mhz dynamicly.. ich can change from 200Mhz to 166Mhz with A64tweaker without problems...

SPDIF-in - spdif in can not work under 7.1 channel sound mode ...this is chipset limitation ..

Sorry, don't understand. Which SPDIF can not work under 7.1 ?

"IN" or "OUT" ??

The Signal for SPDIF IN is normal Stereo Signal from CD-Player withe SPDIF-Standard....

Audio Driver update - you can post the audio driver on dfi-street , it only fix 5.1 7.1 channel setting will be lost after s1 or s3 resume

???

driver in the cd is ok with sp-dif

??? Which ? IN or OUT ?

just you can not work with 7.1 and sp-dif...sp-dif in/out is useless when you set in 7.1 channel sound mmode...this is chipset limitation

extract and overwrite all the driver under c:nvdiaxxxxxaudio driver folder

OK.. thats well known... to use SPDIF OUT you HAVE TO set Speakers to "Stereo"....

[/color]

Newer than the one in NV Drivers 5.10 ??

Thanks for help.... :cool:

:D Win2K slipstreamed W/sP4 works as a few I recommended it to reported back it did!

RGone...

ANGRY I havnt got it to install at all, in raid.

RGone, if I slipstream it and use 3 & 4 it should work - yes - I will try this after I get my hard drive backed up.

I have never slipstreamed is there a good guide for W2K or will it be just like XP. I think I have seen a guide for XP somewhere.

Thanx SJ

Thanx RGone, Nvidee has on there web site that three or above will work. I thought you would need to have the disk with it on there to get it to work because some had tried to slipstream & it didnt work. I guess it just took them awail before they got it right on the slipstream & I just didnt go back to see if they figured it out.

Sweat then slipstream/raid 0 tonight.

SJ

My first post. Been running the board for 5 days now. I was indeed able to install Win2K w/SP4 on SATA 3-4 with SATA 1-2 disabled in IDE config and Genie BIOS. I did get a message when install checks your drives after you hit F8 that Windows had to correct something, but I didn't write it down. It went back and restarted the install, I hit F6 and loaded the drivers and it completed the install no problem. And the new 4.66 RAID BIOS is an improvement, when booting the horizontal loading bar used to be somewhat slow and choppy now it flies past.

Guest badboy

What are the voltages for this bios? I am using the 9/14 with the 3.1v memory.

same as Oskar's original. If you want more voltage options (though the board will only really give 3.2 unless you adjust the pots in your psu), use jess1313's modified version of this bios ;)

Cool'n'Quiet is still not working for me, with the new Beta Bios.

When i change the energy option from desktop to minmize energy the system freeze.

My ram what i use is 2 x 512 MB Mushkin Level I (Winbond CH5 Chips).

Sorry for bad english;)

Originally posted by Angry_Games

Oskar is looking into a few things (talking to him on MSN):

Cool & Quiet - about the cool and quite problem ... I have tried 3 different dram module , loaded with 2 * 512MB module ... no problem here ...

A Question: Has he testet with a C0 or CG Stepping ??

I think there are more Problems with new CG Stepping !!

It would be nice to get more informations....

:)

you get whatever information i get.

priority is not C&Q at this time because this board is a performance oriented board, and while it should have the function of C&Q working, we are more focused on the overclocking aspects as well as a few nagging annoyances (loading OS on 3/4 instead of 1/2) as well as temps and a couple other minor things.

the board was never really intended to run below stock speed (the end result of C&Q kicking in). We'll fix it hopefully (as oskar says, it works for him and thats using two different pairs of 2x512 dimms) soon...but more pressing matters since the majority of owners are more interested in overclocking until the CIA shows up at their house than they are of running a Ferrari at Hyundai speeds...