Jump to content

Lanparty UT NF3 250Gb, need help in RAM purchase...


Recommended Posts

Currently using Kingston HyperX KHX3200U 1G in slots 1&2 (preferred?) and have experienced errors in Memtest86+ v1.26 Test#5 and Prime95, and a host of XP lockups, crashes etc. so after forum suggestions elsewhere, I'm at the point of ordering yet more ram and can't decide on either the OCZ GOLD REV3 1G , OCZ PC3200EB 1G or even the Crucial Ballistix seen here at Newegg. Regarding the Crucial, I see over at Crucial's memory type selector, there is no listing for DFI anything, is there any known incompatibilities with DFI and Crucial in any way? Thanks to all,

 

Gov

__________________

DFI Lanparty UT 250Gb

Powered by PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe

Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle

Kingston HyperX KHX3200UL 1G @ DDR333

Geforce2 GTS 32M(awaiting Asus AX800XT availability)

2xWD Raptors in RAID-0(16k block/16k Cluster)

Nvidia Onboard Sound

Water Cooled w/D-Tek WW, Z-Chip Chipset, MAZE4 GPU, Dual Quad-Bay Rez, DD 12v Pump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:) You could be here> Linky with some results form one who had a lot of memory to test with AND other brands of mobo!!!

 

I find his situation more and more with any brand board. Of course those in here will be moaning about the DFI but this user is not a slouch and has been in my sight for a good while on all boards.

 

Take a look. Oh by the way you need to try different slots and see what your board prefers and test even a single stick to get a 'line' on what is going on. Don't just plug them in and guess because we don't know for sure what your board will prefer. He also speaks to a number of kinds of memory that clocked really well for him and that is all any of us can guess about your questions. You don't 'even' want to know what I can make 260+ 1:1 on.

 

Sincerely, RGone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by RGone

:) You could be here> Linky with some results form one who had a lot of memory to test with AND other brands of mobo!!!

 

I find his situation more and more with any brand board. Of course those in here will be moaning about the DFI but this user is not a slouch and has been in my sight for a good while on all boards.

 

Take a look. Oh by the way you need to try different slots and see what your board prefers and test even a single stick to get a 'line' on what is going on. Don't just plug them in and guess because we don't know for sure what your board will prefer. He also speaks to a number of kinds of memory that clocked really well for him and that is all any of us can guess about your questions. You don't 'even' want to know what I can make 260+ 1:1 on.

 

Sincerely, RGone...

RGone, thanks for taking the time to respond, it's appreciated. I will dig into that thread among all the others I have open and try your suggestions as well and report back with my findings. I should note that currently I'm running @ DDR333 with all ram settings @ "Auto" and so far in Prime95, all is error free ;) Thansk again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Governator

I'm running @ DDR333 with all ram settings @ "Auto" and so far in Prime95, all is error free ;) Thansk again...

 

hey, you might also wanna try usiung 1:1(ddr400) and disabling the "Command Per Clock"(CPC) option in bios, it seems that CPC doesnt play nice lot of times, w/ A64 and 2X512(1Gig) of ram.

 

GL

-Jess-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by jess1313

hey, you might also wanna try usiung 1:1(ddr400) and disabling the "Command Per Clock"(CPC) option in bios, it seems that CPC doesnt play nice lot of times, w/ A64 and 2X512(1Gig) of ram.

 

GL

-Jess-

Hi Jess, thanks for that tip! I will try it and let you know ;) hmm jess1313 eh? boy that sounds familiar, sumtin to do with 9/14? :nod:

 

Cheers buddy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Governator

Currently using Kingston HyperX KHX3200U 1G in slots 1&2 (preferred?) and have experienced errors in Memtest86+ v1.26 Test#5 and Prime95, and a host of XP lockups, crashes etc. so after forum suggestions elsewhere, I'm at the point of ordering yet more ram and can't decide on either the OCZ GOLD REV3 1G , OCZ PC3200EB 1G or even the Crucial Ballistix seen here at Newegg. Regarding the Crucial, I see over at Crucial's memory type selector, there is no listing for DFI anything, is there any known incompatibilities with DFI and Crucial in any way? Thanks to all,

 

Gov

__________________

DFI Lanparty UT 250Gb

Powered by PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe

Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle

Kingston HyperX KHX3200UL 1G @ DDR333

Geforce2 GTS 32M(awaiting Asus AX800XT availability)

2xWD Raptors in RAID-0(16k block/16k Cluster)

Nvidia Onboard Sound

Water Cooled w/D-Tek WW, Z-Chip Chipset, MAZE4 GPU, Dual Quad-Bay Rez, DD 12v Pump

 

I have Gig of OCZ 3700EB Dual Channel I am going to sell.

 

Viper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ViperJohn

I have Gig of OCZ 3700EB Dual Channel I am going to sell.

 

Viper

 

man don't sell that stuff...its some hellacious RAM on this board (so far very easy 250FSB 1:1 2.5-3-3-6, 3.1v....haven't even tried to really beat it up yet heh)

 

plus 3700EB will end up like BH-5 because of its awesome overclock potential

 

 

Governator: do like you you said you would, peruse the threads RGone linked etc...but in the end if you decide to look for more RAM, I highly suggest you look into anything with the Samsung TCCD chips on them...they seem to be the best so far on this NF3 board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I am very happy with my LANparty UT nF3 250Gb. However, I am still looking for a proper memory solution, too. I live in Germany and I have found an online shop where they have both DFI boards and OCZ/G.E.I.L. memory.

 

Which of these memory modules will work best with my board:

 

Overview memory: http://www.hpm-computer.de/hardware/arbeit...cher/index.html

 

GEIL: http://www.hpm-computer.de/hardware/arbeit...geil/index.html

 

OCZ: http://www.hpm-computer.de/hardware/arbeit.../ocz/index.html

 

They also have Kingmax and Buffalo but I have absolutely no clue, if one of these will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Angry_Games

man don't sell that stuff...its some hellacious RAM on this board (so far very easy 250FSB 1:1 2.5-3-3-6, 3.1v....haven't even tried to really beat it up yet heh)

 

plus 3700EB will end up like BH-5 because of its awesome overclock potential

 

 

Governator: do like you you said you would, peruse the threads RGone linked etc...but in the end if you decide to look for more RAM, I highly suggest you look into anything with the Samsung TCCD chips on them...they seem to be the best so far on this NF3 board.

 

 

if those timings for that ram are good, then what does that say for mine here:

 

http://www.zen21587.zen.co.uk/overclockers...0x10%201to1.JPG

 

250 @ 2,4,4,9 prime stable is this V good o'clock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uwe: I'd take OCZ any day over anything...except maybe Buffalo (and the only reason I'd choose Buffalo sometimes is because the price...OCZ & Buffalo have the utmost respect in my eyes for quality memory)

 

maybe pm OCZTony and ask him what his recommendation would be for OCZ on your particular setup, then pm memoryman (Bruce) and ask him what Buffalo he recommends for your particular setup =)

 

 

TWOQUICK: it says you got a great overclock going! You went CAS2 with slightly looser timings while I stuck to CAS2.5 with tighter timings...its a good clock 1:1...you still pushing to see if it will go higher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...