Lanparty UT NF3 250Gb, need help in RAM purchase...

Currently using Kingston HyperX KHX3200U 1G in slots 1&2 (preferred?) and have experienced errors in Memtest86+ v1.26 Test#5 and Prime95, and a host of XP lockups, crashes etc. so after forum suggestions elsewhere, I'm at the point of ordering yet more ram and can't decide on either the OCZ GOLD REV3 1G , OCZ PC3200EB 1G or even the Crucial Ballistix seen here at Newegg. Regarding the Crucial, I see over at Crucial's memory type selector, there is no listing for DFI anything, is there any known incompatibilities with DFI and Crucial in any way? Thanks to all,

Gov

DFI Lanparty UT 250Gb

Powered by PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe

Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle

Kingston HyperX KHX3200UL 1G @ DDR333

Geforce2 GTS 32M(awaiting Asus AX800XT availability)

2xWD Raptors in RAID-0(16k block/16k Cluster)

Nvidia Onboard Sound

Water Cooled w/D-Tek WW, Z-Chip Chipset, MAZE4 GPU, Dual Quad-Bay Rez, DD 12v Pump

:) You could be here> Linky with some results form one who had a lot of memory to test with AND other brands of mobo!!!

I find his situation more and more with any brand board. Of course those in here will be moaning about the DFI but this user is not a slouch and has been in my sight for a good while on all boards.

Take a look. Oh by the way you need to try different slots and see what your board prefers and test even a single stick to get a 'line' on what is going on. Don't just plug them in and guess because we don't know for sure what your board will prefer. He also speaks to a number of kinds of memory that clocked really well for him and that is all any of us can guess about your questions. You don't 'even' want to know what I can make 260+ 1:1 on.

Sincerely, RGone...

Originally posted by RGone

:) You could be here> Linky with some results form one who had a lot of memory to test with AND other brands of mobo!!!

I find his situation more and more with any brand board. Of course those in here will be moaning about the DFI but this user is not a slouch and has been in my sight for a good while on all boards.

Take a look. Oh by the way you need to try different slots and see what your board prefers and test even a single stick to get a 'line' on what is going on. Don't just plug them in and guess because we don't know for sure what your board will prefer. He also speaks to a number of kinds of memory that clocked really well for him and that is all any of us can guess about your questions. You don't 'even' want to know what I can make 260+ 1:1 on.

Sincerely, RGone...

RGone, thanks for taking the time to respond, it's appreciated. I will dig into that thread among all the others I have open and try your suggestions as well and report back with my findings. I should note that currently I'm running @ DDR333 with all ram settings @ "Auto" and so far in Prime95, all is error free ;) Thansk again...

Originally posted by Governator

I'm running @ DDR333 with all ram settings @ "Auto" and so far in Prime95, all is error free ;) Thansk again...

hey, you might also wanna try usiung 1:1(ddr400) and disabling the "Command Per Clock"(CPC) option in bios, it seems that CPC doesnt play nice lot of times, w/ A64 and 2X512(1Gig) of ram.

GL

-Jess-

Originally posted by jess1313

hey, you might also wanna try usiung 1:1(ddr400) and disabling the "Command Per Clock"(CPC) option in bios, it seems that CPC doesnt play nice lot of times, w/ A64 and 2X512(1Gig) of ram.

GL

-Jess-

Hi Jess, thanks for that tip! I will try it and let you know ;) hmm jess1313 eh? boy that sounds familiar, sumtin to do with 9/14? :nod:

Cheers buddy!

Originally posted by Governator

Currently using Kingston HyperX KHX3200U 1G in slots 1&2 (preferred?) and have experienced errors in Memtest86+ v1.26 Test#5 and Prime95, and a host of XP lockups, crashes etc. so after forum suggestions elsewhere, I'm at the point of ordering yet more ram and can't decide on either the OCZ GOLD REV3 1G , OCZ PC3200EB 1G or even the Crucial Ballistix seen here at Newegg. Regarding the Crucial, I see over at Crucial's memory type selector, there is no listing for DFI anything, is there any known incompatibilities with DFI and Crucial in any way? Thanks to all,

Gov

DFI Lanparty UT 250Gb