Sign in to follow this  
ocingmaddog

Computer shuts down because of overheating (or other reason?)?

What kind of cooling do you have on the VGA? If it's on air cooling, better leave it like that (1.6v) ;) I've always used Winflash, never gave me any trouble :nod:

Man..... if you're not confident about cooling, just open your case and have a fan blow into it. That will be more than enough temporarily until you get better cooling !!!

Aside from raising Vdimm to 3.2/3 and Vcore to 1.75, one of the more beneficial mods which will help you crank up fsb capabilities is the so called war mod .... the WIRE MOD .... the L12 mod ... just do a search using war mod .... the instructions are fairly simple to follow !!! This benefits the Tbred quite well.

Good luck !!!!

GOD !!!:eek2: had to run out of the house !!!! EARTHQUAKE !!! must be at least 6 on the Richter scale !!!! whew... still alive.... Thank God !!!!

Originally posted by Denzil

What kind of cooling do you have on the VGA? If it's on air cooling, better leave it like that (1.6v) ;) I've always used Winflash, never gave me any trouble :nod:

Well what do you recommend for better cooling? VGA Silencer 4 with some TweakMaster RAMsinks? I have a Zalman NB cooler but it's not installed yet. Should I buy a NB-1 from Thermalright? Anything else I should do?

EDIT: Case vs. Power supply? Lian Li PC65 vs. Ultra X-COnnect PSU? Which one would help my airflow?

Neither :P I would start saving for some watercooling ;) Been watercooled for almost 6 months now, never been better :nod: CPU+Chip7+VGA ;) Think about it, instead of spending so much on a computer case :)

dont bother with watercooling, you spend a lot of money and don't get enough return for your money (subzero cooling is a diff story).

some will argue that i dont know what Im talking about but a good cpu heatsink (like you got, SP97) and a great vid card sink (as Viper John about what he recommends if you have an ATI card...and if you would fix your sig we'd know exactly what you have in your rig...*AHEM*).

you can easily put 1.7v to your vid card whether you are overclocked or not...ive never had one die @ 1.7v and its helped stabilize an overclock...as well as 1.8 or 1.9 on the chipset.

war mod might help too...you can have too much voltage on cpu and you can also have too little voltage on the cpu...you just got to keep playing with it until you find the right path =)

Originally posted by Angry_Games

dont bother with watercooling, you spend a lot of money and don't get enough return for your money (subzero cooling is a diff story).

some will argue that i dont know what Im talking about but a good cpu heatsink (like you got, SP97) and a great vid card sink (as Viper John about what he recommends if you have an ATI card...and if you would fix your sig we'd know exactly what you have in your rig...*AHEM*).

you can easily put 1.7v to your vid card whether you are overclocked or not...ive never had one die @ 1.7v and its helped stabilize an overclock...as well as 1.8 or 1.9 on the chipset.

war mod might help too...you can have too much voltage on cpu and you can also have too little voltage on the cpu...you just got to keep playing with it until you find the right path =)

lol. Sorry bout the sig will update here in a sec. I do have an ATI 9800np. So 1.7volts to it would be okay?