Sign in to follow this  
cheezies

uwackme's bh-5 burn-in

I think all BH5/6 CH5/6 can improve with it. Not at all sure about toher types of ram though....dont think it helps others.

Originally posted by uwackme

I think all BH5/6 CH5/6 can improve with it. Not at all sure about toher types of ram though....dont think it helps others.

Thanks for your reply!

Im now burning in my CH-6 and I will post my results here. Its a matched pair by Corsair, TwinX1024-3200C2 (v4.2) @3.1V, 250MHz, 2-3-3-11 in my DFI Lanparty UT nF3. Yesterday I got a bunch of errors at 255MHz, and we will see whats gonna happen.

greetings

edit: after 8 hours of burning-in with the already mentioned settings (which are stable) there was no improvement at all. To be honest, i think there was a slight increase of errors @255MHz (~300 errors).

I will retry it with unstable settings like 253-255MHz and post my results here.

edit#2: after another 6-8 hours burning in (this time @255MHz) the errors dropped! I now "only" have around 16 errors and I'm able to run @252MHz stable. I'll post even more results.

BTW, i think my 3200+ DTR is now way easier to OC aswell - or i just got into that OC thingy better by now.

One question to do with the burnin... Does the cpu multiplier make a difference? Is it better to do a burnin with a higher CPU multiplier, as it seems to do the test quicker this way?

Or is the CPU multiplier irrelevent? I want to try some burining in on my BH-5, but at 2200MHz+ I gotta have my CPU fan on full, meaning it's too noisy to sleep in my room. :D

for me it seems,that a higher multi will stress the northbridge more...so for only doing a burn in,a low multi should be fine...

THIS IS AWESOME!

Maybe it was the burn-in, but maybe it was the cooling, I'm not sure ...

But my sticks have been doing memtest86 on 250 MHz with CPC ON for the last 6 hours and 48 minutes non-stop

not a single error to be found

*update, 8 hours 17 minutes, 0 errors

in the coming days i'll receive 2 pairs of 1gb dualchannel bh-5 kits. One Mushkin pc3500 level2 kit and one Kingston HyperX pc3200 kit. Both BH-5. So i end up with three sets, because i already have one pair of the mushkin pc3500 level2's.

I'm wondering what those other 2 sets will bring to my fsb. I'll let you know.

I'm gonna get started as soon as I get some cooling over my BH-5. At the moment my case gets really hot, and I'd rather be safe than sorry. 250FSB here we come. :)

Originally posted by MikeHunt79

I'm gonna get started as soon as I get some cooling over my BH-5. At the moment my case gets really hot, and I'd rather be safe than sorry. 250FSB here we come. :)

I recommend the household fan! Even on first speed, the airflow is awesome for the entire motherboard.

I've got a spare 120mm aluminum frame panaflo fan... I just need to find a way of mounting it above the ram and northbridge. :) It shift a lot of air even at 7v.

Ok.. wow I think this is working for me too.. I took a slightly different aproach but it seems to be working.. :)

I run like in sig which is 100% stable, but couldnt run with cpc on.. Well my burnin was like this.. looping test #5..

11-2-2-2-2 12-15 5-4-6-3-3-4-5

3.3vdimm

1.9vdd

1.825vcore

multi 10.5

CPC ON !!!

First night it ran for about 6-7 hours and I got 108 errors.

Second night with same settings I ran it for like 9 hours.. I got 30 errors !!!!

Right now on the third night its running 6 hours so far and I only have 6 errors.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to see the result of this.. :)

edit..

Update.. ok the third night ran for 15 hours and only 14 errors!!!.. :D also for sandra bandwidth test I got 37xx34xx... Gona try a few more nights and see if it becomes error free..