Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i have got a similer problem

i can run memtest on 200 stable , if i icrase fsb memtest just freezes

no mather what voltage i use

before i format the disk evrithing worked propraly, evan at 244

any idea?

• 1 month later...

after reading this thread , i tried it on my hynix pc 4400 ram. dont know why but at 283 fsb evrything goes well witout errors. tried 285 and test 5 stops or freezes . so it probably only works for bh5 chips. or ? i wanted to run then overnight ,but as i see it , its not possible when it wont continiue as test 5 starts. is there something i can do ?

Both being BH-5, the chances of a good mix is better than fair.

The rule of thumb however would say that even with the same brand and chipset, use those which are marketed as DUAL kit. Their supposed to have been tested and paired because of similar tolerances, the requirements for a good dual channel run.

However, just look at my mix..... and in 3 dimm slots at that !

Two sticks of BH-5 and one of TMD. I guess the bottom line will finally be ...DOES IT WORK ??? regardless of the mix !

Yup. I use 1 512mb stick of Ram-Bo ;) Hynix BT-D43 and 2x 256mb sticks of Twinmos CADT. The 512mb Hynix in Slot 1(Channel 0) and the 2x Twinmos sticks together in Slots 2&3(Channel 1, so 512mb total in Channel 1 to match Channel 0) and all 3 sticks run in Dual Channel perfectly, and they aint even the same type of chips never mind brand :)

• 1 year later...