uwackme's bh-5 burn-in

cheezies

When performing the famous "uwackme" burn-in, should I enable CPC? If I burned the chips in with CPC on, will my maximum speed with CPC off will increase as well?

It is said that the RAM should be overclocked until memtest86 starts reporting errors, and when it does, you leave it running and watch the amount of errors decrease.

Likewise, if I get an error in the first 20 minutes, should I leave it running and expect the amount of errors to decrease? Or maybe 30, 45, or 60 minutes?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Twister

hm-my burnin is atm @246 fsb 3,3 vdimm-12 hours...1st test counted 3400 errors,2cond 2100-now i m @ <200 errors...

20 minutes test 5 is a short time...take 24 hours

On your first test (with 3400 errors), did you get errors in the first 30 minutes? Did you have CPC on or off?

Originally posted by TheWizzard

How exactly do you perform the 'famous uwackme' memory burnin? And with which tools?

From what I have heard, these are the steps ...

1. Set BH-5 memory voltage to 3.3V

2. Set FSB to something high but not too high, e.g. 230 FSB

3. Run memtest86 and loop "test 5" for a few hours

If you get no errors at your this speed, increase FSB, all the way until you start getting errors. When you do, continue to loop "test 5" for hours, the errors will decrease or will be less frequent, soon enough they will magically disappear all together. When this happens, increase the FSB and try again.

Supposingly there is a step that is supposed to take 72 hours, I don't know which.

I minus well ask some questions for the pro's out there ...

Q: Should I burn-in each RAM stick separately?

Q: Should I burn-in with CPC enabled or disabled?

Q: Will burning in at a higher speed (even though lower speeds give errors) be better? Or does it not matter?

oh-hrhr i got in 24 hours about 350k errors-but they decrease,slowly...

i think-my burnin isnt really a succes-cause i think its a northbridge problem...

cpc on

single my bh-5 sticks will go up to 247(ocz) and 249(kingston) error free...

Originally posted by TheWizzard

@cheezies:

i have the same mem as yours but mines work good at 265 in memtest, but i can not get windows to boot with it. My system works perfectly stable at 10x250 and 10.5x247. Should i go with these speeds or set it at fsb265 and go from there?

I would assume (uwackme, please verify), you would burn in starting from your highest overclock. If windows doesn't boot, it's probably not a memory problem, maybe a northbridge problem.

Is that with CPC on or off? I can't even do 220 FSB with CPC on.

This is real strange, I took 1 of my 512 BH-5 sticks out, and now I can do 250 FSB with CPC on for 5 minutes in memtest86, no errors yet. Maybe 1 stick sucks, or maybe "dual channel" is limiting my overclock.

*only 16 errors in the last 3:03 with 250 FSB

Alright, I used a house hold fan to cool the side of my computer, so that air was blowing all over my ram and motherboard. In 10 hours, I got 70 errors (not bad at all).

I turned the fan off and within 30 minutes, my errors jumped from 70 to 500.

I think I definitely need to add some 120mm side panel fans.