Sign in to follow this  
Kinsy

LanpartyUT 250GB Wont POST without removing 4pin power

Had this board since yesterday, one of the lucky few in the UK that got one.

I was happily going at 255mhz FSB with the 9/14 modded BIOS for 4v vdimm (was using 3.2v fine). Had installed windows fine at stock speeds. After a reboot it shut down and wouldnt come back on again. The fans rotate for 2-3 rotations before going back off again.

I can only get it to switch on if i unplug the 4pin connector. The fans then stay on but the board still refuses to POST.

Have done a 12-hour CMOS clear, tried 256mb Corsair XMS3500 and 512 OCZ 3700EB, and a TNT2 and Geforce4 in it. Going to try a Tagan PSU next.

Specs:-

3000+ Claw CG 512k cache

Thermalright SB-2 w/92mm YSTech plugged into 3-4pin convertor.

256 XMS3500 or 512 OCZ 3700EB

Geforce4/TNT2 M64/9800SE AIW

IBM 60GXP 60GB

Pioneer Slot Loader

OCZ Powerstream 470w

... have hit some form of overvolt protection circuit cutout to me. Perhaps swapping to the other power supply will verify this happening for you.

The boards are new and no one knows all the 'differences' one setup to the next to plot what may or may not occur. If you jacked the voltage to the +3.3V up at the power supply to get a solid 3.2V on the memory>then you could have created a problem for you and your setup. Not known for sure. In thousands of boards manufactured, I feel certain somewhere in the world will be one motherboard that will hate 3.2 Vdimm. Try the other power supply and see. Maybe the +3.3V rail on the power supply took a dive.

Sincerely, RGone...

for sure instead of wondering. I hate wondering. My mind goes into catastrophic overload. HEhehehehe. Glad you got it trouble-shot.

Sincerely, RGone...

RMA's approved. Typical, they wait until the last post has gone to let me know!

Hope theyve got RMA replacement stock, noones going to be fixing this board, thats a burnt out trace by the way.