Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zeus_merged

DirectX 9,0 for onboard LAN??

Guest Zeus

Do i really need to install DirectX 9,0 to get the onboard LAN working?

Also browsing the CD that comes with the board (LanParty UT) i find a directory called NAM (Network Acces Manager).

I can't seem to get it installed. :mad:

The onboard NIC is configuerd right but i can't get any traffic over it.

It gets blocked somehow, i suspect the hardware firewall.

I really don't want this stupid DirX 9 as it lowers 3Dmark2k1 scores.

Anyone?

... in full truth> I cannot answer your question because I took it to heart that if DFI went to the trouble to include DirectX9.0c on the motherboard CD...it would be for a reason and I installed it right up front. The reality is that software and driver writers may use for 'their' purposes what ever part of the API's and DLL's that are available thru DirectX.

Part of DirectX is > DirectPlay was traditionally one of the components of DirectX that received less attention, but for DirectX version 8 it received a major overhaul and it is now considered a stable, effective and relatively lightweight networking library. Keyword is "networking library" and may well be the answer you sought.

In truth my 9500np, soft, was a solid 3d2k1, 18,300 perfomer as it has crappy memory> BUT now the same card is scoring 19,599 on my GLOROKHO UT250gb puppy. I think we sometimes hold on to older ideas too long. You growse about DirectX9xx but yet you don't load Win98E as ViperJohn does to "get the last drop". Update to DirectX9.0c as it seems is recommended and see if your LAN comes around is all I can add.

Sincerely, RGone...

first of all, why are you worried about the onboard Lan???? sounds like you want to bench, not use a network.

you can get around this little annoyance by just disabling the onboard lan and sticking in a $10 NIC and be done with it. i do that anyway normally as clocking seems to make the onboard lan on many boards act strangely, thus my NIC suggestion.

just a thought

:D

baldy

the chipset requires 9.0c before it will allow you to install any parts of it.

i dont install the NAM nor firewall etc becaise I use NAT firewalls on the network.

SP2 = 9.0c already integreated

Guest Zeus

Well, i have a PCI nic installed now but i hate PCI cards, they seem to hinder overclocks so i want this onboard thing to work if possible.

Installing DirX 9 to get this thing going is a joke, i 'll keep the PCI nic if that's true just out of anger.

Who's DFI to force me to use DirX 9?

I just cannot believe that.

DFI ought to know lots of overclockers want to go with DirX8 because of 3d mark 2001, and if they don't i hope they read this! :mad:

Sorry for my attitude. (it's late and i had a few ;) )

im not understanding your anger over having to use dx9...

the chipset (not DFI, but NVIDIA IS FORCING YOU TO DO THIS) requires DX9 before you can install any chipset drivers/integrated component drivers.

Guest Zeus

My appologies to DFI then. :angel:

I just don't want to run DirX 9 because it lowers my 3d mark2k1 score, that's why.

Hopefully 3d mark 2k5 is good so we can forget about 2001.

Up till now, i liked 2001 the most.

/me feels a little ashamed reading my last post :nod: