how to replace my bios chip

Originally posted by Angry_Games

dont crack the plastic housing for the bios

Mmmm... I must agree stronly with this point. I did it on my Chaintech 7NJS... thankfully the tech support believed my 'it must of came that way.. i have no idea what happened :(' story.

Phew.

Got to be a forkin genius to work that dang bios chip extraction deal anyways. Think I finally mastered it after a dozen trys and much profanity.

Do not force it. Do not force it, Do not force.

Or like the Angry one says you WILL crack the chip socket.

Hammers, wrenchs, and pliers or any type are strictly VERBOTEN!

Good Luck and May God Be with You on your Hotflash.

Father Carl the Fighting Priest

After working 20+ years in the building trades, and now working doing golf club repair, building, etc. I am a firm believer in having the right tool for geting the job done right!

An extractor came with my Bios Savior so I didn't have to fork out extra, But after spending $1000+ on building a top of the line rig you are going to haggle about an additional $5-10 to get a tool that is designed to do the job safely and correctly.

Yeah in an emergency you gotta improvise, but otherwise get the right tool.

Just my 2 cents......:D

Father Carl, Maybe it's just an ugly rumor, but I heard you were excommunicated for using craven images and live animals in your bios flashing rituals? :eek:

I heard you were excommunicated for using craven images and live animals in your bios flashing rituals

NO NO NO, KRAMER IMAGES!

cosmo-kramer.JPG

Actually, I couldn't go thru will the lil animal sacrifice. They just looked too cute. But sumazianguy gave me two dollars apiece and said he would take care of em. :D

And of course Angry and Oldfaht are correct.

It is ALWAYS better to use the correct tool for the job.

The toothpic idea will work but it is NOT appropriate. but this was an emergency. Trying to get ready for a LanParty this weekend. His friend wasn't coming through. I did try to help with SAE's pictures and I still figure the toothpics are a better option than metal objects. Not as good as an extraction tool (and they are difficult to use the 1st time and not everyone has a Radio Snack nearby).