how to replace my bios chip

I got my bios for my NFII Ultra Infinity corrupted by going to a newer bios too fast. Ive got a new bios chip comming in soon (hopefully) and my friend was going to help me fix the mobo. But i really need to get this done by next saturday and my friend is very busy (lan party :)).

So i was wondering if someone can either give me a link to somewhere that can tell me how to do this or if someone has the time and is willing to spend it making a guide in this thread.

So please someone tell me how to get the bios chip out and put the new one in (it is totally unflashed).

(I have checked the forums for this and I have also checked the manual that comes on the cd for the mobo.

Cooperation is appreciated

-Edwin

INSTRUCTIONS PER THE VANDELAY ENTERPRIZES OPERATIONS MANUAL AS FOLLOWS:

try using a thick wooden toothpick to pry up one of the two corners that you would normally use if you had a removal tool. work it lose (do not force as you may break the socket). just take you time and work the two sides back and forth and it will come out.

Note: may require multiple toothpicks!

make sure you make note of the notched/slanted corner on the top left side of ship. has to go back in the same way.

Just line up the contacts and press slightly in when you get the new one.

Caution: Winbond Bios Chips are extremely flammable when in the vicinity of latex products. You have been warned!

ya i kinda figured id have to do that but i was hoping there was a way to do it without hotflashing to make sure i can make it to that lan party

Thing is...

When i told my friend that i got a new one ordered he said that we would be able to do it with my computer. And he knows what hes talking about, problem is that hes so busy that he hasnt had time to tell me how to do it. So i was wondering if there was a guide or something.

SAE was kind enough to send me some pics that certainly helped me do my 1st hot flash. I'm sure Stefan won't mind, he is one kewl dude!

Feel free to PM me or try messenger on Monday if I can help. Make sure you DON'T check clear CMOS if using winflash.

ANOTHER FINE KRAMERICA PRODUCT:

http://premium.uploadit.org/soundx98/bioschipswapping.rar

NO BOOT FOR YOU!

Not sure I am following you correctly.

But, You WILL need a booting NF2 board that uses the same size chip 1st of all. Your bud will NOT be able to flash the bios chip if your board will not boot. (Unless of course, he has the same board and brings his bios chip over).

You CAN flash your chip by booting from the required NF2 and then pulling his chip once it is operational. and then "carefully" inserting the new chip and flashing it.

Where did you order the chip from? Is it pre-flashed with the bios you need? www.badflash.com can prolly help you.

Best of luck with your career in Latex. PM or Messenger if we can help :D

er...make sure you get a PLCC (bios remover tool at your local Radio Shack Industries Technologies Ltd)

dont crack the plastic housing for the bios!

and dont listen to sound98x....he's crazy and we only allow him here cuz he threatens us with arson all the time...

Originally posted by Angry_Games

xxx...and dont listen to sound98x....he's crazy and we only allow him here cuz he threatens us with arson all the time...

A_G ..... if that is Soundx98 on the pic, it's difficult to mistake him for an ARSONIST.... ;) .......a lay Catholic Priest would be nearer ! :shake: