DFI nForce3-250GB UT Arriving Tomorrow Do I Need New Bios?

I've read of some people having various problems with mobile procs, RAID, and heat sensor readings with this new 754 board.

I wont be using a mobile, or RAID, and will be running an AMD 64 3700+. Do I need to flash to a new bios, or is the one the board is coming with fine for my purposes?

Thanks for any help with this.

John

I would get the new bios (beta) modded by Oscar (supports DTR and mobile 64's) and Jess1313 (gives you up to 4.0vdimm if you modd your 3.3 rail on the PSU, otherwise, 3.2vdimm) if you plan on OCing much and using a mobile chip. you can find them here.

i would NOT get any beta bios unless you absolutely need it

flashing to a beta bios results in your warranty not covering it...best to have a Bios Saviour or extra bios chip, or wait for the bios to become official if you dont have either of those.

not to say beta bios will kill your board...but this whole idea of 'oh man i gotta have a bios the instant it comes out even if i dont need it' is bad for you.

so is the whole concept of someone else telling you that you need it when you dont know if you need it or not because you dont even have the rig built yet.

i still use the old 11/27 official bioses on both Infinity and LP NF2 and never have had to use a newer one for any reason, and can overclock both boards as well as anyone here (well, mebbe not LastViking heh).

rule you should always keep in mind:

DO NOT GO FLASHING JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SUGGESTS IT OR YOU THINK YOU NEED IT

only flash your bios in times when the bios description gives you a specific fix for an issue that you are having.

issue with the new UT board.

if you don't change it from the shipped bios, you WILL experience PROBLEMS with rebooting if you have turned off CPU throttling.

i spent a few anxious hours playing, then, bingo, installed one of the newer bios's, walla, now i can use the bios anyway i see fit.

so, to each his own.

BTW, i have NEVER had a problem with ANY of the BETA's or MODDED bios' going back to the Intinity, but, as Angry states, use it at your own risk.

baldy