[Edit] optical spdif connector

Hi,

I want to connect my digital spdif output from my Lanparty B to my Surround system (USING THE SPDIF Optical output).

The board din't come with any connector. Is there any available ? or that option is just there to look pretty ?

If so, Do you know where I can find it ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I'm not talking about that AG.

There are 2 types of SPDIF connections.

1. Coaxial

2. Optical.

I can not use the coaxial one (the one at the back of the board) as my System needs Optical.

There is something on the motherboard for SPDIF (Digital). But I need a connector (similar to the Firewire ones).

As you can see on the Screenshot there is an Optical S/PDIF connection on the board but there isn't a Cable available with the board. I wanted to know where I can buy one.

SPDIF.JPG

Thanks Angry

As helpful as always :)

Maybe you don't have one but you can find out a compatible model or something like that ...

I've seen a review for the LPA and I believe that one did have a connector (but I don't know if it's optical or coaxial).

Originally posted by G-Code

Testlab,

You can get a coaxial to optical converter. Plus the two cables.

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables...-CONVERTER.html

Thanks G-Code. I know I can get a converter (That was my Plan B) but as the board has Optical output I thought in using that one ...

If I get a reply from AG saying there isn't such a thing then I'll have to go for Plan B.

But ... If the option is available in the Board There should be a connector somewhere ...