Sign in to follow this  
AndyA

Mobile 2500 cracked but still works?

when i was taking off my processor i noticed one corner of the processor looks like its cracked and parts are pushed down a little but it seems to be running fine (im on it now)

is this anything i should be worried about?!!??!!?

-Andy

Guest dicecca112

yeah, temps. Keep an eye on the temps. I know that with AMD chips that if the core is cracked it still works but temps tend to be high, workable but high.

What about Bend Pins?

I received from newegg.com a new IQYHA 401 Stepping 2600 Mobile XP.. for my little brother's Rig..

And noticed that it had a couple of bend pins.. So I straighten them up.. and put it on my rig to test it.. It works fine.. 11x231, with requiring less Voltage than my IQYHA 348 Stepping 2600 Mobile.

But it runs about 5C Hotter than mine.. would that be the cause or what?

my old desktop barton 2500+ had a corner crack, it wouldn't overclock as high as it did uncracked.

bent pins should not affect anything at all. iqyha401's a good stepping, have some fun with it.

I haven't been able to have alot of fun with it.. Since it's running about 5C-6C hotter than my IQYHA 348 :(..

I still dunno what's wrong, but I think I'm receiving my new Arctic Silver 5 Tube tonight.. Since I was still using the AS 3 I got in the year 2000 :P..

Originally posted by ^Bad_Boy^

Arctic Silver 5 Tube tonight.. Since I was still using the AS 3 I got in the year 2000 :P..

That will prolly help ;)... Just dont put too much on..

Well It seems it has helped a bit, also I straigthen even better the bent pins.. and now I even got the computer to boot at 2700mhz.. but not stable.. I Could finish a 3dmark2k1SE Complete Benchmark at 11.5x230 1.9v (0401).. but got lower score than my 11x236 1.975 (0348)score..

And I couldn't complete the 11x236 with this CPU.. which is weird.. Maybe My Ram is Acting up..

-Another thing I noticed is that It didn't like anything above 1.9v not even 1.925 which is also weird..

Do you guys think that L12 mod might help?