250GB Installed.

Originally posted by dreiu

Thanks for the image, and the info on slots 1 and 3, I appreciate it :)

I can't really go that route with the chipset cooler, as I will have a vga silencer on top of my already big enough x800pro... maybe a flatter one, but with a fan as well, I dont knwo.

Actually, the one that mad_mike has looks to be a perfect fit... I think it's a Vantec?

Would this one work?

I'd also like to know if that cooler will fit and if it would be low enough for a big vid card (6800gt) to fit.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by KeepinOnThaDL

I'd also like to know if that cooler will fit and if it would be low enough for a big vid card (6800gt) to fit.

Yeah, that cooler that I linked should be of similar size of the one that mad mikee has installed (if you want to scroll up to his pic).

Guest Hellfire

I was wondering, for people with this new board, do you think it is possible that you can save the bios on the board, and send it to me via PM. This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hellfire

Guest Hellfire
Originally posted by mad mikee

Beta biosi

RG pointed out where they are. One is from OSKAR, and then someone modded it to try to get some more vdimm (he tried for 4, got up to 3.2 working).

(I was wonderin when you'd get a hankerin to play with der new stuff :D )

Its too bad I can't afford a board yet a processor like this, maybe one day when I acquire the funds to built an a64 system. :/

Anyways I'll take a look at this bios. :)

Hellfire

Yes mad Mikee, the modded one is mine & all you have to do is mod your 3.3v rail & you can get up to as much as you want. The higher you turn your 3.3 rail up the more you can get out of bios.

I have had as much as 3.8 Vdimm this way & could go higher because my PSU seems to want to take off, no shut downs.

I wander tho if we could lift the leg off the 5 pin mosfet that feeds the Vdimm & cut the power to it & then add 5v. The mosfet is rated that good I believe. 5V ajustable form bios(sweet)

I do have one curious item.

When setting Voltage in the Bios say to 1.55Vcore the bios shows the voltage as 1.55 above in the monitoring.

Booting into windows and opening the ITE Hardware monitor the Voltages read .50 volt lower Vcore 1.5-1.52. This is fine as many boards under volt or overvolt or you never can can tell cause the HWM reads the voltages incorrectly.

The odd thing here is when loading up the CPU, I have Been folding 100% cpu usage. after about 60 seconds the Voltages in ITE HWM and CPU-Z start to read the set voltages in the bios. or a tad above.

1.55V bios no load windows 1.5 Load in windows 1.55

yes we are only talking a fraction of the Voltage.

But under a stressed condition the Voltage seems to raise.

I have cool and Quit disabled, could this be part of the function of cool and Quiet?

actually this could be a good trait but I have noticed it and have never ran across this before.

This is normal for a64s, the voltage also does read very diff off the mobo than threw monitor. It even overvolts a tiny bit reading off the mobo with DVOM.

But like I said for it to rise is normall and is part of the way a64s systems work.

Guys

You will know you are doing well when you see 2000MB/s in memtest 86+ ;) I have hit 2100 or so but was just unable to load windows, 2000 was 100% solid all air cooled and dandy with 3D etc.

I would suggest you cool the dimms, Chipset, mosfets etc for the cpu and every other hot section of that mobo..it really does seem to help. I had 200cfm+ blowing on the board at 425HTT and I have seen higher since in the lab at OCZ.Cooling is the key ;)

Originally posted by jess1313

Yes I can do this with my OCZ but my BH ram at 250 out performs it. 3-4-4-8 is just not enough to out perform 2-2-2-5.

If I had EBs it may be diff. The PQI 2-2-2-5 would be good but there out of stock on it.

Mike I dont have room for that kinda cooler, but it must have help you to run that. I have a blue zalman I am going to use because it will fit.

I have a Thermalright but it will not fit, I could clue it and get it but i really dont want to use cement. I would have to off set it also. It wants to hit the ram sinks on my 9800 pro.

I think the zalman will do good enough with a fan mounted, but I believe they need something I have been seeing 55c temps with the stock cooler( thats with a prob) & no fan. I can just hold a fan over it & get it down to 45c. needs to do better than this.

Jess1313

Jess I will be coming up with a solid low profile cooling solution for the chipset when

I get my MB. The location of the chip does not allow for a tall cooling solution when good

ramsinks are installed on the front/lower/end memory chip on the Radeons an I obviously

can not tolerate that!!!

Viper