Maxtill mouse pads (updated)

Angry_Games

Ok guys, I saw a review for these mouse pads over at bigbruin.com (or .net i think cant remember atm cuz im too excited haha), and the review stated that they didn't have a North American distributor...so I contacted them, and told them I would like to help them a bit, because I know once guys like we have around here saw them, they'd sell pretty well.

so they finally sent me a couple to take a look at, and when I opened up the package I was blown away...

maxtill1.jpg

at first I just opened this one up...and thought OH HELL YEAH hehe. (the black one). So I didn't really look at the second one until I gave the black one to my brother to take home and play with for a while...thats when I went to show momma the second one and saw that it was see-thru!

These are made of tempered glass, with rubber/plastic knob feet on the bottom, and SUPER smooth surfaces. I've not yet had a chance to try them out yet so I hope that the lettering doesn't interfere with the optical mouse's tracker...

maxtill2.jpg

then I looked into the side pouch of the carry case and saw all these lil bags...teflon skates, extra feet, rubber pads in case the ones that come with it slide too much (depending on the surface of your desk), and balancers (if you have worn out one or more of your mouse's feet and it doesn't sit correctly). A cleaning cloth, and best of all...a plastic case for keeping it from being damaged, and a regular carry case to slip all this stuff into!

maxtill3.jpg

What do you guys think? They can make custom ones, and while I don't know of the pricing just yet (Jacky @ DFI is helping me communicate with them), I would be interested in ordering a bunch of Street (or maybe even LanParty/UT) ones...if they are cheap, they might just be something I would give away...if they are a lil more spendy (say $20 each) then I sorta want to know if you guys would be interested in a few.

Haven't decided on the logo and all that cuz i dont know the price as I said. If they were ones I would sell, I would definitely have DFI/LanParty stuff on them...if they were relatively inexpensive, I would stick with the Street...maybe I dunno heh...THESE ARE AWESOME!!! SUPER SMOOTH!!!

ok got to get back to some actual workin but post yer thoughts!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya if they work well with optical mouses I'll look into one to show my DFI LP love. Looking at the icemat, the see thru one might not work so well with some mouses. Just wondering is there any different color lettering instead of just gold? looks kinda weird with that gold lettering.

Anyways keep us updated AG!

the clear one (the one im using right now) has orange lettering, and is in a word...

AWESOME

omg...i put one of the MANY teflon feet on my MX310 (before you cry about it remember i happen to like the MX310 better than any mouse) and hollllllly jeez...its like superconductor rails...or ice...or something...its insane!!!

i always knew there is nothing smoother than glass...but an optical with teflon skates on tempered smooth glass is just unreal....i mean its different than any other ive ever used (and ive even sat at a glass desk with an optical before and this is WAAAAY better).

the see-through doesnt seem to affect it at all (cuz its slightly frosted glass i think), and neither do the letters. My brother will tell me about hte black one tomorrow but I feel it will be the same. This clear one too the lettering is on the bottom so you can't rub it off!

and talk about super easy to clean...nothing like a RatPadz or others with lil microgrooves...windex and blammo its ready to take down baddies in Doom3 again.

i guess you'd just have to experience it for yourself...some might not like it, but I'm so totally down with it I definitely want to see if I can help Maxtill get them over here to USA...I really think you guys would like em!