Anyone got a can opener??

Katch

One of mt friends (you know the ones you got after people realised you could make computers work again) just came and plonked a beige box on my desk.

Some ghastly Time attempt at a computer. Thing is I can't for the life of me work out how to get into it. Probabally just gonna toss it down the stairs see if it opens itself.

Originally posted by Katch

One of mt friends (you know the ones you got after people realised you could make computers work again) just came and plonked a beige box on my desk.

Some ghastly Time attempt at a computer. Thing is I can't for the life of me work out how to get into it. Probabally just gonna toss it down the stairs see if it opens itself.

Hmm.. pics? I have seen cases that open by sliding the while side/top/side back, ones that slide forward, anything =P find a crack and start following =P

Is there a slot for your fingers in the underside of the front panel (is the front panel plastic?) I've worked on some older system where you unlatch the front panel and it switngs up, then off, then you gain access to the screws to remove the side panels.

Stairs worked a treat.

Stoopid POS couldn't get the cheap butt SDRAM to run at its stock 133 speeds. Kept bugging out. Motherboard is too simple to tweak the timmings. 100 will have to do.

Old AMD 1300 Thunderbird under a whiney stock HSF. Almost tempted to pop it out and see how fast it'd run in my DFI :P

Well anyway installed a bunch of user software, set diskeeper to Joe Sixpack Set and Forget, put a Adware icon suggestively on the desktop. Gaffa tapped the bad boy back together.

:rolleyes:

Excellent Katch, job well done.

Good software additions to say the least.

I'm curious about the timings. I hope you kept them tight.

Did you use 3 or 4 stair?

I find that after 5 it starts tumbling. :D

Did a standing drop down 4 stairs seemed to do the job.

The memory timmings are about as tight as an Essex working girl, loose as a barn door... CL3 on 3s but hey, seems to be running smooth. The onboard TNT2 graphic sure took me back a bit. I started to run 3dmark 2001 then thought, 'actually I don't want to know'