Sign in to follow this  
FLD

Corsair 3200XL and NFII Lanparty Timing Setting.

Hi all,

I just got this pair of Corsair TWINX XMS 3200XL ram, which has 2-2-2-5 timing.

I don't know how I should set in the bios in order to get out of it the most.

Also, I think the command rate is 1T but I can't find anywhere in the bios saying Command Rate.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

FLD

In theory by SPD should do it all for you as the sticks are pre programmed to run at those speeds. I would however, set your Speed settings to expert, your memory interface to aggressive and then manually set the 2 2 2 5 timing.

Then you can easily play at loosening them up whilst increasing you FSB if you fancy overclocking.

my TwinX would only run at 2-2-2-6...any and everytime I ever tried to get it to do SPD 2-2-2-5 it would BSOD or fail to boot. And I spent almost a week with it.

I also prefer the Expert/Aggressive/Expert interface settings as it allows more control (and using Turbo is never recommended as even on HyperX 2-2-2-5 which will actually run at 2-2-2-5, the Turbo setting corrupts or BSOD's)

I am running the PC on 2-2-2-5-13-15, command rate or

something enabled.

Vdimm is 2.8 V though. The CPU is now XP-M 1600+ at 12X200MHz (2400) at 1.65 idle 29-32 and full load 42 I think.

I tried at 12X220 on everything as above but CPU at 1.8 V. PC could boot in Windows but froze. I think I must have missed something there.

Damn, I love XP-Ms.

Originally posted by Angry_Games

my TwinX would only run at 2-2-2-6...

What was your Vdimm? I think Corsair claims their XMS3200Pro could achieve 2-2-2-5 when Vdimm is 2.75V. Since on both LP and Infinity they don't have 2.75 I just set it to 2.8.

BTW, I got 2 NFII Ultra Infinity and 1 NFII Lanparty Ultra B at home.

12x220=2640 isnt that a little high 4 the cooling your using.

is cpc on?,my ram seemed 2 get better after about 2 weeks

ive been running @ my sig now 4 3 weeks cpc off,i had been testing with cpc on i was passing test in the lower 220;s but my girlfriend through about 8 or 10 hrs worth of notes and benchmarks i had

so i cant go into much detail i found some tests

220fsbx10.5=2310,2-2-2-11-13-15e-e-f next 7 auto-cpc on,cpu=1.55, vdimm=2.80.agp=1.50,chipset1.60.

sadra=cpu=9588,bandwidth=3413,[email protected] v card 275/554,aqaumark=gfx=2294,cpu=8796,total=20248.

i had been testing with the last 7 timmings im sure i had a better combination,but havent worked up the energy yet 2 tackel it agian.

this forum is great 4 finding things out. ive only been learning about this 4 a year phisically overclocking 4 about 5 months but every issuie i had ive been able 2 find in here allready.

when i had thermal throttling enabled it really seemed 2 cripple the overclock.i did all my fsb tests @ 8 mult.i could help u up 2 about 230 fsb cpc off ive went a little higher but i dont know enough 2 push it any further i think.with cpc on im going 2 give it a go this weekend i will start @ 220 but i dont think i will go much higher