2600+ Mobile ??????

Cainfoo

Hey All,

I am going to be ordering 2 2600+ mobiles tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has purchased from NewEgg recently and if so what stepping they recieved. I am going to purchase them from either NewEgg or ExcaliberPC. Excaliber guarentees the following stepping and manufacture date: IQYHA0402SPMW. Has anyone used this processor with any luck?? I know its just the luck of the draw but I was just trying to gather a little history. Thanks to all and to all a good night!

Kevin

It would be cool to get OC's like that. I am hoping for a toaster out of one of them. Not a goal just a dream at this point. As I said before I now its just the luck of the draw but I can still hope. lol How long ago did you get yours from NewEgg? I wish new egg would guarantee what you would get. At least at Excaliber they tell you what stepping and such it will be. Still undecided but I guess I wil have to make the choice tomorrow. Thanks for the input!

Kevin

I will try to see how far I can get with this ram. It will be real tough since I have the LPA which only has 2.8 volts available for ram. But I also have an AN7 here that has 2 x 256 Corsair cmx256-3200C2PT Which is BH-6. I may have better luck with that pair. Or I may have to try for it on mt AN7 which gives me a whole lot more voltage options for ram, processor and so on. But it will be fun trying. Thanks again!

Kevin

...only 2.8V the CH-5 is not going to clock on the LpA nearly like the UI or LpB sisters.

Since toaster is 250FSB "or" 2500 total mhz> you might try 210x12 (W/single stick of 512) for 2520 total mhz and get a toaster that way, but something like that is about the only way the LpA will do it that I have ever seen. OR you will have to have more luck than about any user I have seen.

Sincerely, RGone...

I was wondering if you know of any volt mods for this board used to increase the ram voltage. Maybe I will have to breakdown and buy a LPB or preorder one of the new DFI boards for the A64. Maybe I should just skip the mobiles all together and wait for the A64 platform. I just love my LPA and would hate to have to shelf it as it is only 6 monnths old and it runs so nice. Thanks again!

Kevin

Edit: I was just checking pricess of the A64 processors online and I can see that is not an option right now. The boards are reasonable but the processors are pretty pricey!

The new S754 DFI board and the Sempr0n 3100+ might be a good choice. I'd wait and see what kind of performance/overclocking figures people can crank out once the two parts are available, then make a decision.