Sign in to follow this  
twism

Help me get 250 fsb, please :)

Hi there

So I am trying to run my PC stable at 250fsb. but i'm running into some strange problems.

I ran my pc at 250 fsb all day and had prime95 running all day(about 14 hours), but then when I clicked the stop button, prime said that it had only been running for 7 hours. And the taskbar was not responding but everything else was fine. does anyone know what the problem is??

I was running 250 * 9, 1:1, 2-2-2-11, vdimm 3.3, vcore 1.85, chipset 1.8.

please, if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I really want to know what is happening here

thanks

Twis

I had the same problems when I started out.

I dropped my FSB and upped the multi a bit, and it went away...

Check my post on PM...

Originally posted by twism

Hi there

So I am trying to run my PC stable at 250fsb. but i'm running into some strange problems.

I ran my pc at 250 fsb all day and had prime95 running all day(about 14 hours), but then when I clicked the stop button, prime said that it had only been running for 7 hours. And the taskbar was not responding but everything else was fine. does anyone know what the problem is??

I was running 250 * 9, 1:1, 2-2-2-11, vdimm 3.3, vcore 1.85, chipset 1.8.

please, if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I really want to know what is happening here

thanks

Twis

windows falls apart in the background while prime keeps going sometimes on an unstable system. your clock isnt stable :/

Hey I think it is all sorted out, I upped the chipset voltage to the highest and it seems to work ok now :)

Thanks for the help

Twis

yeah. For me only the highest chipset voltage works... 1.9V.

But for lower fsbs 1.6/1.7 also worked. Maybe you'd need that 1.9V with your system being on the edge...