BH-5 question

Katch

I've been doing a little research on Winbond BH-5 and other RAM that the DFI boards seem to like and have a question. Sorry if it seems obvious to many, I'm a little late of the mark with the old BH-5 bus.

Am I right in stating that BH-5 is only available upto 256Mb sticks? If this is the case I'm assuming DC 512Mb 2x256Mb is going to be the most of this super RAM I'm ever going to be able to get on my DFI.

Guessing this leads onto the second half of my question. If I want/need 1Gb of memory on side, what chips am I looking for? CH-5? I've seen most people seem to be going for the OCZ low latency pairs at the moment.

No that Corsair is the new "Micron" ram stuff I think.

Zippy's item is... BH5...99.9% sure

Basically they only made this stuff for a while, then switch over to selling "PC3200". So these have been sitting on Googlegear...er...Zipzoomfly's shelf for a LONG time. Noone buys them because... heh... it's PC3000, like WTF is THAT ;-)

Chips onboard are D328-DW45 or -DW50, pre-datecode 03/18, which are all BH5 re-packaged/labeled.

I bought 6 sticks, all 240Mhz+ 11,2,2,2,cas2.0 DC cpc-off.

The 256M sticks will go faster, since they are singlesided, and will run CPC on at high fsb.

I have KHX PC3500 that runs FSB 262 just in BIOS and 252 SuperPI 1M Stable. In my datasheet that memory is Winbond BH-5 Chipset, but my friend told that it could be Winbond BH-6 Chipset. All thus speed with memory timing 2-2-2-11 (CL first).

Is my memory really Windbond BH-5 Chipset?