[RESOLVED] Microphone Issues Please Help!!

I'm having trouble getting mic to work properly with windows (XP SP1 or 2)

Using rear socket I get nothing at all!

Using front (Mic2 via FRONTX) I can get the mic to output thru speakers but Windows just does not register anything:

(Control Panel->Sounds And Audio Props.->Voice->Voice Recording->Test Hardware)

or (Control Panel->Speech->Configur Mic) or (MSN->Tools->Audio Video Tuning Wizard)

and (Dragon Nat. Speaking 7 Prefered-.Audio Setup)

In NVMixer it is imposible to select Mic2-it just jumps back to Microphone - to get Mic2 selected I have to use Windows Mixer->Microphone->Advanced->Alternative Mic. and if I tick digitize I get no sound at all!!!

NVMIXER INFO

HARDWARE REV. ------ A2

AUDIO DRIVER VER. --- 4.42 (6.13.0442.30)

MIXER VER. -------------- 1.00 (Build 444)

Speaker Wizard Ver. -- 1.00 (Build 444)

Direct X Ver. ------------ 9.0d (4.09.00.0904) C-Really!!!

Any One any sugestions

I have tried an older audio driver package but same problem

DriverVer = 09/08/2003, 6.14.0362.6

SoundStorm = 1.00.00.0366

Is my mobo a duffer? but 2 me seems to be driver related??

I really need to get this sorted as my DAD has parkinsons an relies heavily on Dragon to use da PC.

But you will probably lose your speaker configuration for the rear outlets, if you ever had the nV control panel auto configure your sound output.

I've been trying to get my new headphones/mic to work, and your post got me looking again and:

GO=> control panel>sounds, speech and audio devices>speech>audio output>(under master volume) advanced>under other controls deselect #2: center speaker and subwoofer connected to Mic. Back outa there and all should be good with mic. working.

I haven't checked if this dorks the speaker set up, prolly will but ATM I not care, my new toy works. :nod:

Good Luck!

nvswap works great if your rear mic doesn't work.

For front panel, you have no choice to set mic2/"alternate mic" in the audio properties as the 4.27 drivers do not seem to like to select it.

Check my related post here

Cheers will try the above when i get back home! Would there be a 'center speaker and subwoofer connected to Mic' option with LAn Party having no shared ouputs (can't check till I get home).

I shud ov thought of NVSWAP myself, but from memory I thought it was just for switching speakers! WIll check it out later

Glad to hear that!

I have a disabled sister (Deaf & Blind) and I know how important special set-ups are for her ability to use her PC, and to be able to communicate with the outside world. It really "makes my day" that I was able to help out!

Oldfaht

cuz for some reason i couldnt figure out how to do this can someone walk through it a little more clearly...sorry to be an butt.....just couldnt follow oldfaht....im having the same problem...windows just wont pick up the sounds...sorry again

• 4 months later...

All I have to say is this is a very neat thing, I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I lost my mic last night when I went from playing some JO:E to watching a DVD!! I could barely hear what was going on in the DVD in WMPlayer, I had thought it was stuck in 5.1 audio, so I checked NVMixer and it wasn't!! So I thought I might try a different player so i threw it into Nero Showtime, and it was fine, didn't here just background music anymore , heard everything!! After watching the movie, thought I would play another game before bed, jumped on TS(Teamspeak) and nothing!! Couldn't talk to noone!! After about an hour of pulling apart my headset and making sure all wires were in tact, I got on here to see if this had happened!! Thank you for the Awesome easy fix!! I was about 5mins. from ordering a new headset!! Thanks Oldfaht, and everyone else for the info!! (and NVidia for NVSwap...LOL)