Sign in to follow this  
ib_enviro

Kr7a133r+1800xp

Just got above, Would like to know max settings that can be used without unlocking processor. Have no probs bout unlocking it but just wondered what can be done as supplied.

Sys spec:

a-bit kr7a133raid / amd 1800XP / Hercules prophet2mx64mb / 512mbpc2100DDR / Maxtor40gb ata133 on RAID / WD45gb ata100 / 6 ch pci audio ( Pine).

all stuck in a Chieftec Scorpion Case, 3x80 intake, 1x80 outtake + PSU outtake. Thermaltake DDR Ram heatspreaders and GP Ram heatsinks, Coolermaster HCC001 CPU sink/fan(rated2.8ghz), All sinks mounted/removed andremounted with Arctic silver 3.Northbridge sinks/fans.

sorry, got carried away.

IB_ENVIRO

just alter the FSB and multiplier, should be able to do a lot. read around the forum in overclocking thread and you will see lots on this

*tip* read some posts on the forum before posting, probly 10 more posts with same topic *tip*

oh woops :/ forgot about the not wanting to chop up his cpu part...can still do fsb, altho the hole system will be oced and lots more problems occor then :/

So , by unlocking i can adjust the multiplier which will increase Clock speed but not affect rest of system(is this right??) or if i just increase Fsb i'll prob shag my sys(is this right??).

Just want to be sure, realy appreciate ur help.

thx.IB

ok here we go, the fsb is the bus speed for the entire computer, by upping it you are also uping your ram, and pci, agp devices. so now we have to worrie bought thier temps and stabilty. the multilper is how many times faster the cpu is over the system bus...ex: 10 x 133 is 1.33ghz proccer (i think anyway), so if you do 10.5 x 133 it would be 1.3965ghz.

Ok so lets say you up both the multiplier and fsb, then you dont' have to up stuff to much, and the hole system goes a little faster, multiper x fsb = mhz. you may need to turn up your voltage some if your computer needs it, depends on what it is set for.