Sign in to follow this  
z0ar

Error Loading Operating System.

Hello,

I wish I could of joined under happier circumstances, but i'm stumped and I need your help.

I bought my first DFI motherboard Yesterday (a Lanparty NFII Ultra B rev. B). I brought it home to find out it was DOA, the board was receiving power, but it refused to post.

Today I returned that board and brought home my current DFI, except this time it was a revision A+. I was able to get this board to post and enter the Windows XP setup. I partitioned my Western Digital 80Gb 8Mb Cache drive, formatted it and proceeded to install the operating system. Windows copied the files that were needed and rebooted to start the install, except instead of loading the operating system install I was greeted with the message: "Error Loading Operating System".

Since then i've tried installing XP on my other Hard-drive (another WD 80Gb 8Mb drive) but i've received the same error. I've tried both drives in master & slave modes, but nothing seems to work.

Do I have another DOA board, or is there something i'm doing wrong?.

Thanks,

- Rowan

when you go into your bios, and enter standard CMOS Features

Go into that, it basically tells you which hardware you have on your IDE/FDE

Press enter on your drive and what is the access set to ?

I've just looked through all the posts in the search from people who have had similar problems. I'm going to change the Hard-Drive access mode and give this another shot.

make a sig. so we kow what u have on ur system, try to change ur harddrive mode to lba or auto, i usually have this problem when i am oclking my rig, to solve this problem u just need to up the cpu voltage.

lba seems to of worked, but I still have 2 questions on my mind :)

What has changing my Hard Drive Access Mode from CHS to LBA done to my hard-drives?

and Secondly, I believe my first DFI board was a newer revision of the Ultra B. What's the difference between the Lanparty Ultra B Rev. A and the Lanparty Ultra B Rev. B? (I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but i couldn't find an answer to it via the search.)

Thanks,

- Rowan.

CHS is old school hdd parameters. LBA is what all the new drives (8GB and bigger i think but dont quote me) use to communicate to the bios where stuff goes (whoa AG what a great scientific answer!)

no diff between the rev's other than one is made in TW and one in China and maybe some minor cosmetics or an added IC etc

Thank you very much Angry_Games :)

From what I could tell the Rev. B had a bit more room around the socket.Tto be specific the capacitor between the socket and the ATX power connection had been moved to allow the board to accept larger heatsinks & waterblocks.