DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B

Hi, this is my 3rd DFI mobo. The two were lanparty ultra A's and I the first one was a DOA. The second one stopped posting, and I could never figure out why. The A revisions were pretty buggy but I read good things about the B so I decided to buy it. I have had my B for 2months now and unlike my A which could never run at 200mhz fsb this one ran great at 200.

My current specs are :

Athlon XP Barton 2800+(unlocked multiplier)

Corsair XMS 3200C2 512mb

DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B

I had been running at 200x11 for a while and getting great stability and performance as should be expecting as this is hardly an overclock.Yesterday I decided to maybe try to get a bit more performance and try to up the FSB while lowering the multiplier on the CPU. I decided to set the multiplier to 9x, change the memory from aggressive to optimal and start raising the fsb just to be safe. My first and last increment was up to 205mhz. System wouldn't post and just started beeping. The LED diagnostics displayed just the 3rd LED on which made me think its a RAM problem. I pulled the cmos jumper and system booted fine. Went into BIOS selected the default optimal settings for the mobo restarted and everything worked fine at default which was 166mhz fsb, 200mhz ram, and a 12.5x multiplier. Apart from being disappointed that I hit such a low limit I decided to at least raise it back to 200fsb. After I rebooted, it wouldn't post again and the same LED was on. This however makes no sense because even at 166mhz fsb the ram still runs at 200. I'm starting to think I messed something up on the mobo. I also noticed that it is common for these mobos to not be able to go above 166, but I thought that was only for the Ultra A and seeing how I was running 200fsb for 2 months I can't see how all of a sudden I would be stuck at 166. I love my dfi mobo and hoping the Ultra B was going to be rock solid but it seems I'm back into having problems all over again. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really don't know where to start, I at least want to be able to run 200fsb again.

Thanks in advance!

Hey dude, Umhh, I have the following stuff:

Ultra-B

XP-M 2200

2x 512mb Mushkin Green Basic

ALX-800 and TT Smart Case Fan II

I use the stock BIOS that came on the mobo, and updated all the Nvidia Drivers.

I have mine set at 200 @ 12 Multi. 1.75 Vcore.

On my way there, my system wouldnt post, and Id put back at speeds that it would boot at before, and itd do what yours does. Just cut your PSU off and everything else off.

Clear your BIOS using the J8 Jumper, not the clear CMOS Jumper.

Turn everthing back on, and go into bios, and set to Optimal Defaults ( manual explains this ), when rebooting, cut system off. Replace Jumper. Turn PSU off ( I have to do this for some reason most of the times, If my OC was a High, donno why ), wait a while, cut everything back on. Boot up, and try your OC again. And if your having trouble reaching FSB over 200, go Into Chipset in BIOS, and Disable Thermal Throttling ( should be set at 50% Default ), Cut that off, and you can reach higher FSBs. Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for the response, and please try not to derail threads but I still think I may know of a possible solution. I am assuming that you are trying to get a digital signal out of it. I am pretty sure that you need to specify inside the Nvidia control panel that you want the spdif to output digitally. Also, what kind of speaker setup are you using. I have mine setup through a digital reciever, are you using digital computer speakers? If you are using an analog pair of speakers however, I do not think it will work as I am pretty certain SPDIF is strictly digital. If that doesn't help, sorry as I am not sure what kind of setup you have.