Sign in to follow this  
mongoled

LAN dropout cure....non-heat related*

Originally posted by uwackme

DANGER DANGER

You are using the NVidia IDE driver, this is a VERY bad idea with Sataraid.

NVidia doesn't implement the "flush cache on shutdown" issue correctly. So MSoft KB 331958 (which you MUST install) wont do its job.

Rollback to the MSoft default drivers....otherwise you gonna get bit.

Also, turn OFF the com1 port if you arent using it. Once into ACPI only land, interupt allocation becomes an issue again, and you dont want to pile crap on.

Another hint....in PriorityControl in the registry, add "IRQ11Priority" DWORD and set to "1". This will give the 9800pro some added smoothness in game.

If you are NOT using SATA or a SCSI/IDE/SATA PCI card, then go ahead and use NVidia IDE drivers.... but if you use anything beyond standard IDE in your system, rollback to the MSoft default IDE drivers.....otherwise trouble will find YOU.

Hey I have a Q...

I was getting some lan drop when playing Cod online.. So I reinstalled windows and selected "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface" during setup ... Im not using the Nvidia IDE driver.. and everything not in use is disabled in bios.. (I.E.. IDE channels.. all serial ports.. Sata.. )..

Now I dont know about the lan being fixed cuz my games arent in yet, but once I was in windows I checked the IRQ's.. and it has my 6800gt sharing with like 2-3 other sound devices on IRQ #7 which I dont think is a good thing... That regi tip you gave above will help me also I assume since im getting sharing on 7...

Would I do the same thing but replace the "11" with "7"..

Thanks

Thunda

I don't understand why you have to disable APIC... but if it fixes your problems... well... :D

I only played with the latencies...

What did DFI do wrong then. I don't really believe in DFI (OSKAR) fixing the drop issue/APIC issue... :(

He is concentrating on the 64bit platform IMO.

uwackme... did you try to find out 'bout the latencyset app? And soundstorm? If you are able to set latency for that?

I am really anxious to hear your opinion, mate :)

I will try to game Far Cry at 265x12 soon, and report back my findings, if my fixes helped me, even at these high fsb...

I am currently needing the rig to fold at 12x267 - realtime priority :D

think its worth a bump

:)

glad to see that it has worked out nicely for some, even though the thread seems to have gone offtopic ;)

Could we get the thread back on topic, as so it stays open as a useful resource? Pweas.......:angel:

:) hehheheeheee

oh and has anyone run some performance test using the Adavaced Configuration Power Interface HAL?

mong

Ill give it a bump ..hehe

I was getting lansound drop outs and it was driving me nuts.. Well after trying what you suggest without it working .. I installed a lan pci card and reinstalled windows.. then tried what you said and after days of playing Cod I get NO dropouts at ALL.. very happy now.. :D

I did loose some 3dmarks ... all other benching like sandra was not effected by this change in Hal.. But since the change Ive also been tweaking some memory timings and it seems like between that and using the beta 66.31 drivers my 3d performance loss was gained back :D

THunDA

:cool: ...if it don't work and you fix it = better than not fixed no matter the desire to run X when X will not run. Old proverb.

Hehehehehehehhee. Now if it is fixed you are NOT pushing it hard enough. HEhehehehehehehe.

RGonester...

Ok.. everything has been fine since switching.. But I have been running a PCI lan card and last night I figure let me re-enable the nvidia nic.. and I got a little dropout still , but not as bad.. Ok problem fixed ..I put back the PCI nic..hehe

But I have a question.. in device manager for IRQ's I notice my mouse and keyboard having there own seperate IRQ.. They are both PS2 btw.. If I was to get a USB keyboard and mouse would that free up IRQ's ?

Since I seem to notice that USB devices arent listed as having a IRQ..

Sorry if its a dumb question.. But Im a slight noob when it comes to IRQ's..

Thanks

THunDA

:confused: of the thread is LanDrops Non-heat related. Are your drops caused by heat? If your LanDrops are not caused by heat then likely this will fix your problem.

RGone...

Well.. Tedy.. Most people experience lan drop from high fsb's.. But I guess anything is possible.. Its easy enough to try it to see if it helps you..