From 200 FSB up

SnaRf

FOR GAWDS SAKES... give the CPU some juice. My backup...NF7-S, 2600+mobile.... has stock AMD retail heatsink, not even the copperslug version.... and yet I can pull 230Mhz x11 (thats 2.5GHZ) all day long.

Try 1.85V..... get your OC stable etc etc... THEN slowly backoff the Vcore .025V at a time till it FK's up...then UN-backup one knotch.

What chips on those rams? Only a very short list of DDR that can go past 200Mhz.... BH5 BH6 CH5 BT-D43 TCCC newMicron.... not much more. Alot of plain jane stuff... like PC2100 Kingston valueram can get to 200Mhz 11,3,3,2.5 just fine but that is a brickwall you aint going past.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by uwackme

Try 1.85V..... get your OC stable etc etc... THEN slowly backoff the Vcore .025V at a time till it FK's up...then UN-backup one knotch.

Hmm, I am on 1.55v now.

Will give it 1.85 a bit later today (JUst gotta fetch it from the car)

What chips on those rams?

I will check that when I fetch the machine just now.

(Gonna hit google so long...)

edit: Here is the datasheet. Dunno if it's gonne be of much use

OK, been looking at some prices.

What do you guys reckon is better to buy

Transcend DDR500 (Rated to run at 250mhz) or some nice Corsair XMS or Corsair Low Latency DDR400?

Decisions, decisions...

Hey Snarf... its twis from PM here.... LOL... if you look around here you will see that I was stuck with a similar decision regarding RAM... I know that it is probably to late now, but I would say go for the corsair... I bought a pair of the transcend ddr 500's and they were not good... sure you can get a high FSB with them but thier timings are really bad, so I took them back to rectron..

well hope it helped :)

twis

I've got a TT Extreme Volcano 12 with the UFO mod and it keeps my CPU nice and cool (for an air cooler).

You really need a better HSF. The amount of heat your CPU generates is proportional to the amount of juice you push through it. Overclocks need more juice to overcome imperfections in the silicon in the CPU. With poor cooling, you'll be limited by heat and not by the CPU itself.