Sign in to follow this  
Mekrel

hmmm didnt sound good

Was just on my pc and was hapilly posting on some forums, and stuff just after giving far cry a bash for an hour and about 45 mins after i stoped playing far cry My pc locked up and I had a continous siren untill i hit the reset button

Rebooted fine, no probs at all and i checks hardware doctor, temps looked fine and so did voltages

Everything in Sig is @ stock except the graphics card, cus Im too much of a billy noobmchoob to overclock :)

but I heard once that temperatures can fall like 15 degress in 3 seconds :S

Ill wait and play far cry for 2 hours and see if i get any problems, but i was thinking maybe you guys know?

...you are correct to presume you will need to do some looking. I almost always believe that the continous siren means memory problems but that is not always so now days with the beep codes being narrowed down in Award now really Phoenix bioses.

Proggies that terminate and do not release memory can set windoors into a tizzy and the next thing you know the mobo acts as it lost its' mind. You may have to really dig to unearth such problems.

Sincerely, RGone...:confused:

Yea I know far cry is a MEM hog after I close outa FC my shiz dont run smooth until bout 20 secs:p

BTW mekrel:what kinda fps are u gettin wit dat 6800 in FC?

I aint sure yet, only had it on my system for about 3 days i think, ill check the command to find out the fps

*EDIT*

r_displayinfo 1

1024*768 4*AA 4*AF and im averaging 130 FPS

game settings = very high

cant wait to test in doom3

yes i am realy liking and thankfull thar it has gave no problems, the fps read was taken whilst running about with monsters when you first enter the cave like complex

b8ut if you steop outside the fps drops to about 70 but this is what everyone is finidng :)