is my ram limiting me?

ketchup_gsr

hi all, i have a DFI UI and have been cycling through the new hellfire bios here, and i've come across a wierd problem. with my stock bios i was getting 210 FSB with corsair 3700 xms ram, the new hellfire ones i'm getting 227.

there are 5 that i'm trying, the 12/18 one, 1/31 hellfire v1 and v2, and the EG v1 and v2 ones... the funny thing is that i'm limited to 227, regardless of bios, and regardless of Vdimm... it doesn't matter if it's stock at 2.7 or at 3.3, i can't get over 227...

anyone have any ideas?

.... give us some more to go on with the memory please.

1 stick? 2 sticks?

256MB or 512MB sticks?

Which DIMM slots are you using?

Please read the label on your RAM and pass along

to us what states. K? XMS 3700 has some Samsung

TC-5 chips on it and they should do more than what

you are getting FSB wise.

CPC on or off in BIOS?

Thx.

Pops.

i'm using a matched pair of corsair XMS, 512 X 2 running in dual channel mode in slots 2 and 3 ( i think that's the 2 needed for dual channel anyways) all it says on the label is

XMS3700PT Rev v1.1

8-4-4-3

Lot#104412-2

I tried to take the heat spreaders off to see the ram chips, but it seems like they're pretty well attached. i'm kinda worred about applying more pressure to take them off.

in the bios, i have CPC on. for some reason when i overclocked my thoroughbred 1700 jiuhb cpc on and off didn't matter.

i have tried upping incrementally, but it doesn't really do anything for me either, all of them fail at test #5