Help with hotflash please people

Hi all

Here's my story so far

I have an Infinity with a saviour and long story short suspect both have gone mad

SO i am hotflashing them

But here's the twist

I wish to get my friends NF2 board - install his Bios chip in my saviour - and then install the saviour into his board

Boot of the original position and then switch the saviout to RD1 and flash it

Then install the saviour back into my machine with my chip and try to boot using the RD1 position on the saviour?

Sound possible as i have tryed and still no post! :mad:

...that is one way.

install his Bios chip in my saviour - and then install the saviour into his board

Boot of the original position and then switch the saviout to RD1 and flash it

Then install the saviour back into my machine with my chip and try to boot using the RD1 position on the saviour?

Sound possible

The only thing I have seen is that 'much handled' bios saviors wind up with loose connetions and they fail to work so very well. Not all but sometimes this happens.

In that case you would have to boot the friends puter and cautiously and non-metallicaly remove his bios chip and put yours in and flash it and NO switches to clear CMOS and complete power off of his puter even to pulling the power plug so you don't dork his CMOS. Then your chip back to your board and ONLY try to boot after the battery has been out and the clear CMOS jumper in the clear position for 10 hours minimum as I best have seen it.

Could be that you might get the CMOS clear enough to boot off your RD1 side (no loose connection problems) if you clear the CMOS with battery out for 10+ hours or so and no Alternating Current to the power supply.

I have in effect killed both sides of my bios savior 8 times now at last count and attention to detail has got me back up each time without a hotflash. But once a person begins to thrash about willy nilly and do this and that and so forth> the thing gets a little tougher. I have also read of one LPb user that has always recovered from the 4LODS without incident, but it is that thrash to get going that bodes trouble. Pull the battery and remove A/c power and let sit for a day and you might get back up with your bios savior hotflashed as you have done.

I always "remember" the working side when it appears to kill both sides. I swap to the side that was not in use when it died. Then knowing both seemed dorked> I leave the bios savior switch on the side not in use when the CMOS/bios chip got dorked and leave battery out and all and it always comes back up after at least 10 hours of no battery. I can only repeat that I know from experience with thrashing will do no good. Battery out has always worked for me. Long battery out.

There is not much left to do as we don't any longer know which was your good side and bad side or IF the bios flash on the friends computer worked.

If you cannot sort it> then email me and I will start the process for you to send the bios chip itself to CA and get it flashed and while it is gone remove the battery and when you get the bios chip back it should boot and then you can sort the possible bad bios savior thing if need be.

Sincerely, RGone...

What about the J8 jumper?

...quite honestly> I have never fooled with that jumper and it would be a case of removing the jumper to try and boot with it OFF and thus resetting the board to a more friendly 100FSB for rebooting which is a 'fail safe' of sorts that Nvidia recommended when they realized the **** NF2 chipset was going to create bios corruption boogey.

Sounds like you have a grip on the 'hotflash' thing and that what you 'need' is a clear CMOS for the dang bios chip to 'hand-shake' with.

Sincerely, RGone...

PS I do not now remember what you were fooling with when it all went to hale>but if you just changed memory or you have some very plain jane PC2100 memory to install in 'only' one slot that might be another good hedge on getting back going. Just a thought.

Originally posted by RGone

In that case you would have to boot the friends puter and cautiously and non-metallicaly remove his bios chip and put yours in and flash it and NO switches to clear CMOS and complete power off of his puter even to pulling the power plug so you don't dork his CMOS

I have followed the F.A.Q on Hotflashing and it said use

A:awdflash xxxxxxxx.bin /py /sn /cc /cd /cp /LD /f /tiny /E

Isn't the /cc the clear cmos command?

Should i leave that out then?

SO confusuing

Isn't the /cc the clear cmos command?
it surely is. I would not use that on my 'friends' computer at all.

Not confusing really, Homework me man, just homework.

/py = flash bios dumb nuts flasher and get after it.

/F= flash and don't do a bunch of looking around mr flasher.

/e= stick me back to A:> so I can flash twice like I should.

/qi= if you got part number problems ask me and I will tell you flash the sum beech.

/sn= why in hale would I save a dorked bios = NO SAVE.

/tiny= how in hale would I know why it works so well for silly bioses that don't like to flash but it does because it only reads a small percentage of the bios file to memory before actually flashing onto the Eprom and thus has less chance of dorking.

All translations are purely RGoneian and furnished by him.

Sincerely, RGone...1ster>:cool: quickmath

Is Uniflash just easier?

I have flashed this chip and the saviour a few times now and it's still dead?

I left the cmos to clear for 20hrs and just tryed her again and it's still dead?

ANy advice please as this is getting desperate now :(