What Ram to buy?? urgent

twism

... I don't know your skills or expectations. What I do see is that you may not have been around NF2 chipsets for very long. The overall consensus of opinion has it that NF2 quite readily prefers 11, 3, 2 and cas2.0 instead of the 5 and 6 you seem to keep inserting. This has even been discussed in many memory forums. A quirk of NF2 is what they all say.

Now that aside not one of us can tell you what will happen with new memory. Maybe we can 'guess' but that is all. Not to mention that you do not say where you really expect a new memory purchase to take you up to. Man that is a million dollar question.

You have been given about 2 or maybe 3 very good recommends from those of us who would NOT be satisfied at 200FSB and are more than willing; even if it is perhaps foolish, to try and try again memory until we find some that will haul booty. Some of us are nuts like that. HEhehehehehehehehe.

You have to make up your mind how nuts you are and go and or not go for it. No one can make the decision for you.

Sincerely, RGone....1ster>:cool: quickmath.

Hey

Ok.. lol... I have always read ppl trying to get 2-2-2-11 and wondered why 11 and not lower :)

I am not happy with 200 fsb but the problem is that I dont know if the new ram will get high fsb and low timings cos mine can get higher fsb with lower timings and I dont want to end up buying somthing that I have already :)

to add to this, I stay in SA and I am a student. hardware dont come easy and cheap for me :), so I cont afford to get this and then throw it out and get better.

Anyways, I think I will get the new RAM anyways, seeing that it is ordered already.

If it is not too much hassle could you point me to a forum(or site) where the ram timings get discussed... I would like to know which settings I should aim for.

thanks

twis

hey there

Sorry to drag this on and on.... but just want to find out from you guys if I made the right choice.... finnally after all the options I settled for somthing that wasn't an option to begin with. this is what the guy told me that is selling it:

"Mushkin Black Level 2's, I can get 2-2-2-5 timings, running exactly 250fsb (DDR500) with my OCZ voltage Booster, at 3.3Vmem, or 245fsb (DDR490) without the booster on my Abit IC7-Max3 Mobo, and with the same very tight timings"... "it is bh-5"

I am getting them for +- R1400 which is about $215(dont know what the exchange is but I used 6.5)

please let me know what your opinions are of this RAM.

thanks for all the help

Twis

BH5 is always a good option.. Although no one can guarrantee you will get the exact timings and speed that the seller got.. Since every system is different.. But like I said bh5 is fo shore a good dealy.. :P

YEY!!! I just got my Mushkin level 2's and they are way awesome :)

Just wanna ask a quick question, when pushen the fsb on my mobo the mosfetts(if that what they called) heat up quite a bit, is it nessesary to cool them by putting heats sinks on? or is it ok for them to get that hot?

If i must put heatsinks on.. how do I attach them? arctic silver ciramique?(dont know if this is the suff im supposed to use)

thanks

BTW.. the ram is running 240 @ 2-2-2-11 3.0vdim... semi stable

CRank that Vdimm up to 3.3volts RIGHT NOW!

LOL... I knew some one was going to say that... yeh, I was just testing the lower voltage when I noticed that the "chips" on the motherboard were extremely hot and just want to know if that is normal, or if i should attempt putting heatsinks on??

this is where someone se the heasinks should go... you guys thinik this will help get a better OC in the future??