What Ram to buy?? urgent

twism

Hey guys... could you please help me pick between these two RAM modules.. I have read around a bit and these two look like they are my only options... (sorry if this has been discussed before.. Im in the middle of a project and dont have much time on my hands ):(

This is the discription on the website of the product:

2 x Corsair DDR400 256MB, XMS3200, 32Mx64, 184-pin DIMM : 2-2-2-5, 6-layer PCB, Unbuffered, non-ECC, with Silver Heat Spreader

serial number on the site: [C256XMSL]

I dont have a detailed discription of the other but what I do know is that it is, Kingston hyperx ddr433 cl2, that is all the info I could get from the supplier.

I would to have tight ram timings(doesn't have to be extremely tight but not like 3-4-4-10)... And I would also like to push the fsb +-220mhz running 1:1... (this is what I would like to have.. if it is not possible which RAM will come closer??)

plz help.. it is sorta urgent... :) (took my RAM back and now i'm using a friends.... )

twism

thanks ever one

if you plan to overclock go with the DDR433...more headroom

if you got a few minutes, PM memoryman as he works for Buffalo Tech and can help guide you in the ways of picking some RAM that they might make that is even better than what you are looking at.

he wont try to sell you anything, and will most likely offer his own opinion between the two choices you listed above.

im not a big fan of Corsair, I think its overpriced, overhyped run-of-the-mill junk for the most part.

HyperX is great stuff usually.

Buffalo is my top choice, OCZ is a very close second...Mushkin is probably great too but I've never owned a single stick of it lol.

*ahem*

HyperX DDR433

Originally posted by twism

2 x Corsair DDR400 256MB, XMS3200, 32Mx64, 184-pin DIMM : 2-2-2-5, 6-layer PCB, Unbuffered, non-ECC, with Silver Heat Spreader

If its listed as running 5-2-2-2 and its xms... does that mean it might be BH5 ?

If so that would be a good deal.. I know that the newer corsair runs at 2-2-2 timings but I didnt think they would label it xms..

:shake:

Guest Zatoichi

Well it's not like ddr433 has a whole diferent pinlay out on the ram so it should fit :P, every ddr stick has the same layout and will prolly run with the lanparty ub

ddr433, PC320... etc etc all BS. What CHIPS are on the sticks is the only relevent issue.....

Winbond BH5, BH6, CH5

Hynix BT-D43

Samsung -TCCC

The new Micron chips

Those are the things that matter.

Best bargain going at this moment....short of lucky hit on EBay, etc... is the KHX3000 still on ZipZoomFly (Google) store site. Brand new, not risky EBay, lifetime warrenty, etc.

It is BH5, 256M sticks are $80, 512M sticks are $114.

Im running 2x 512M sticks at 240Mhz at the moment.

Occasionally BestBuy has KingstonValueram with BT-D43 chips for $59 for 512M stick.... damn I wish I grabbed some last time.

Ok, so I decided to go for kingston.... the guy at axiz gave me two options:

KHX3500AK2/512 512MB 434MHz DDR Non-ECC CL2.5 DIMM (Kit of 2 - 256MB)

and:

KHX3500K2/512 512MB 434MHz DDR Non-ECC CL2 DIMM (Kit of 2 - 256MB)

Is there any difference between these two, if so, Which of these two are better?? can anyone give me any information as to which chips to expexct on these(bh-5 bh-6 ch-5)??

thanks a lot

twis:confused:

KHX3500K2/512 512MB 434MHz DDR Non-ECC CL2 DIMM (Kit of 2 - 256MB)
the only ones I would consider at all. You may be lucky and get a good chipset there. I cannot remember what they were in Rev1.1 which is what you likely will be getting and they have worked on the NF2 boards.

Sincerely, RGone...

If you have the funds to spend on Corsair XL (the one you described in your first post), go for OCZ EB instead. 1 GB of PC3700 is for over $300 at Newegg, but it's the 2nd best memory after BH-5.

The KHX3000 uwackme suggested can be tricky. At least even a long burn-in has not got me to run them stable at stock speeds.

The CL2 KHXPC3500 kits probably will have Winbond CH-5 on them because they had BH-5 only on very early revisions which are long not available.

I just played around with my current RAM and I can run timings 2-2-3-6 @ 400 stable(I ran prime test for 8 hour without errors) and I can run 2-2-3-5 @ 400, but prime kicks out after 20 minutes or so... is it still worth it to get the kingston?? will I definitly get better results than this??

both these test were at 3.3vdimm

twis